Diocese of Mozambique
The Diocese of Mozambique is a diocese under the jurisdiction of the Greek Orthodox Patriarchate of Alexandria and All Africa. Its territory includes the parishes and missions on the island nation of Mozambique. The diocese was formerly part of the Archdiocese of Zimbabwe and was granted the status of an independent diocese on November 1, 2006.
The Very Reverend Archimandrite Theodoros (Dimitriou) from Crete was elected the first bishop of the Diocese of Mozambique. He was consecrated and enthroned as His Grace Theodoros on January 28, 2007 at the Cathedral of Archangels in Maputo.
There are two parishes at present in Mozambique:
- Archangels Gabriel & Michael, Maputo. Father George Zolotenco is the pastor.
- Holy Trinity, Beira
- Theodoros (Dimitriou) 2007–2010
- Ioannis 2010–present
- Web page of the Metropolis of Zimbabwe
- "Orthodox Ukrainians in Mozambique Have Bishop", Religious Information Service of Ukraine
- New Orthodox Archbishop of Johannesburg and Pretoria 8 October 2010
|Orthodoxy in Africa|