Synaxis of the Hierarchs of Moscow
St Hermogenes was added only in the year 1913.
In 2005 the Church of Russia added St Innocent (March 31 and October 6), St Macarius (December 30), St Job (April 5 and June 19), St Tikhon (April 7 and October 9), St Philaret (November 19), St Peter (September 27), and St Macarius (February 16).
By celebrating these hierarchs on a common day, the Church offers each of them equal honor, as heavenly protectors of the city of Moscow and prayerful intercessors for Russia.
Troparion (Tone 4)
- O Russian Hierarchs,
- Guardians of the Apostolic tradition,
- Firm pillars, guides of Orthodoxy,
- Peter, Alexis, Jonah, and Philip,
- Pray to the Lord of all,
- To grant peace to the world and great mercy to our souls.
Kontakion (Tone 3)
- You were holy as hierarchs;
- You taught the people and you were well-pleasing to God.
- He has glorified you with incorruption and miracles
- As disciples of the grace of God.