Australian jurisdictions without a local bishop
|This article forms part of the series|
Orthodoxy in Australia
|Orthodoxy in Australia Timeline |
Statistics of Orthodoxy in Australia
Gk Orthodox Archd. of ANZ
|GOA Aus - Abp Stylianos|
Antiochian - Met Abp Paul
ROCOR - Met Hilarion
Serbian - Bp Irinej
Romanian - Bp Michael
Without local bishop
| Antiochian Orthodox |
Greek Orthodox (Aus)
O.L. of Kazan
|Proph. Elias |
St John Mtn
St Sava (Elaine)
|Edit this box|
This article seeks to serve as a catch-all point for the jurisdictions in Australia who are small enough to not warrant a resident bishop - both current (Bulgarian Orthodox Diocese and Moscow Patriarchal parishes) and former (Orthodox Church in America and Polish Orthodox Church Abroad).
Consistory of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church in Australia and New Zealand
- Number of Parishes: 10 parishes and 2 missions, in New South Wales, Victoria, Queensland, South Australia, Western Australia and New Zealand.
- Hierarch: Archbishop John (Derewianka) of Parnassus.
- Began: Unknown.
- Consistory President: Mitred Archpriest Mykola Serdiuk.
- See more information and list of parishes on Ukrainian Consistory on Orthodox Australia and Oceania
- See more information on Diocesan Listing on Ecumenical Patriarchate website (including outdated parish directory at bottom of page).
Bulgarian Eastern Orthodox Diocese in the USA, Canada and Australia
- Number of Parishes: Three in Australia.
- Hierarch: Metropolitan Joseph of the USA, Canada and Australia.
- Began: First parish in 1950.
- Sydney: St John of Rila Bulgarian Eastern Orthodox Church. 
- Melbourne: Sts Cyril and Methodius Bulgarian Eastern Orthodox Church. 
- Adelaide: St Petka Bulgarian Eastern Orthodox Church. 
Moscow Patriarchate in Australia
- Number of Parishes: Two in Australia.
- Hierarch: Bishop Mark of Yegoryevsk, Head of Special Secretariat of the Patriarchal Chancellery for Administration of Patriarchal Establishments Outside the Patriarchal Territories.
- Began: First parish in 1988.
- Sydney: Holy Protection Orthodox Church, Blacktown. Established 1988. 
- Melbourne: Russian Orthodox Church of the Holy Trinity, Oakleigh. Established 1989. 
- Newcastle: Parish of the Theophany, Mayfield West. Established 1996, since closed (c.2010)
Orthodox Church in America - Parishes in Australia
main article: Parishes in Australia (OCA)
- Number of Parishes: None.
- Began: 1971, in ROCOR schism.
- Sydney: St Nicholas Orthodox Church, Bankstown. Parish left ROCOR for OCA in 1971, and canonically transferred to the Antiochian Archdiocese in 2001.
- Brisbane: Holy Annunciation Orthodox Church, Woolloongabba. Priest left ROCOR in 1971, began a new OCA parish in 1974; parish canonically transferred to ROCOR in 2009.
- Sydney: Australian Orthodox Fraternity of St Michael, Homebush. Laypeople left ROCOR in 1971, and began a new OCA parish. Parish canonically transferred to the Serbian Diocese in 2011.
- Ended: 2011.
Polish Orthodox Church in Australia
- Number of Parishes: none.
- Began: 1969, with two priests who left ROCOR and were received as priests in the Polish Orthodox Church Abroad (under the Ecumenical Patriarchate).
- Ended: Uncertain; however, both priests became priests of OCA parishes.
- Bulgarian Eastern Orthodox Diocese in the USA, Canada and Australia
- Moscow Patriarchal Church Blacktown
- A Russian Presence: A history of the Russian Church in Australia, by V. Rev. Fr Michael Protopopov (page 239).