Archdiocese of Ptolemais
The Holy Archdiocese of Ptolemais and Upper Egypt is a diocese under the jurisdiction of the Greek Orthodox Patriarchate of Alexandria and All Africa. Its territory includes the parishes and missions located in the area of Upper Egypt, Luxor, Minya, Fayum, Asiut, and Beni Suef.
The see of Ptolemais was founded in 1908 under the name Archdiocese of Ptolemais and Thebais Secunda. Since then, its cathedral is located in Minya. In 1940, the bishopric was merged with the Archdiocese of Nubia. The present archdiocese was established on October 27, 2004 with its current name by a Patriarchal and Synodal decree. Prior to 2004, the Upper Egypt region was administered by the Archdiocese of Alexandria.
- Michael (Triantaphyllides) 1908–1914
- Parthenios (Daniilidis) 1919–1931
- Anthimos (Rosmaris) 1934–1937
(merged in 1940 due to vacancy with the Archdiocese of Nubia)