Archdiocese of Cameroon
The Holy Archdiocese of Cameroon and Central Africa is a diocese under the jurisdiction of the Greek Orthodox Patriarchate of Alexandria and All Africa. Its territory includes the parishes and missions located in the nations of Cameroon, Chad, Central African Republic, Equatorial Guinea, and the Islands of St. Thomas and Principe. Since its foundation, its see is located in Yaoundé, Cameroon.
The see of Cameroon began as the Archdiocese of Accra and West Africa in January 23, 1959. On November 28, 1994 it received the name Archdiocese of Cameroon and West Africa. On September 23, 1997, during the tenure of His Beatitude Theodoros (Choreftakis), later Patriarch of Alexandria, the dioceses of Nigeria and Ghana were formed in West Africa, and the archdiocese received its current name.
- Efstathios (Efstathopoulos) 1959–1976
- Irenaeus (Talambekos) 1976–1990
- Petros (Papapetrou) 1990–1997
- Theodoros (Choreftakis) 1997–2002
(lost territory to establish the Diocese of Brazzaville)