Father Justin has not been glorified by the Holy Synod of the Serbian Orthodox Church, nor by anyone else. This question arose at our parish after seeing his name printed in the St Herman Calendar, and was setled upon consulting His Eminence, Metropolian Amfilohije of Montenegro and the Littoral, who answered in the negative. Also recently, Metropolitan Christopher of Midwestern America was reported to have said the same to an inquirer. --Julio 11:47, April 8, 2006 (CDT)
- Any idea what the source of the report that he'd been glorified is? Or the troparion? —Fr. Andrew talk contribs (THINK!) 16:47, April 8, 2006 (CDT)
I really don't know how the report could have originated. But note that the same thing happened with St Nikolaj Velimirović: many in North America somehow supposed him to be glorified, and the OCA Diocese of the West even had a parish dedicated to him 10 years before the Holy Synod of the Serbian Church officially proclaimed his glorification in 2003. As for Father Justin, Metropolitan Amfilohije (who was his disciple, and is now the second-ranking hierarch of the Serbian Church) told our priest (who is his nephew) that it was impossible to glorify him because he smoked and everyone knew it.
- No, he didn't :| --Valarius12345 09:40, May 29, 2014 (PDT)
The troparion was written by Father Daniel Rogich, a Serbian-American Protopresbyter who serves in a parish of the Greek Archdiocese in Ohio. --Julio 12:11, April 12, 2006 (CDT)
- Smoking prevents glorification? (Didn't Ss. Nektarios of Aegina and Maria Skobtsova smoke?) —Fr. Andrew talk contribs (THINK!) 18:28, April 12, 2006 (CDT)
- No, St.Nektarios didn't smoke. These claims are unsubstantiated by pseudo-Christians & Old Calendarists who don't respect the decisions of the Holy Church. --Valarius12345 09:40, May 29, 2014 (PDT)
His Eminence's words, not mine. :-) --Julio 21:10, April 12, 2006 (CDT)
Bishop Dr. Atanasije Jevtic, also disciple of father Justin , told that Father Justin will be canonised soon. Saint Nikolaj also was heavy smooker. In Moscow were printed colected works of father Justin , with blessing of Patriarch Alexis. In this edition Fr. Justin was refeared as saint. However the question of canonisation Fr. Justin is stil opened. Glorification newer was question only of bishops. If someone was holy man he is holy whatever other decided. Ddpbf 12:03, March 20, (CET). P.S Metropolitan Amfilohije is not second-ranking. Read the Christmas Epistole. He is Archbishop of Cetinje but name of Metropolitan Jovan of Zagreb was written before his. Also Archbishop Jovan of Ohrid should be after patriarch.
- St.Nicholas Velimirovic didn't smoke. Only his attackers who say that he's "anti-semete nationalist", spread these lies without evidence. --Valarius12345 09:45, May 29, 2014 (PDT)