Our venerable and God-bearing father Zosima (Zosimos or Zosimas) was a holy monastic who encountered St. Mary of Egypt in the desert during the sixth century. He brought the story of her life back to the brothers at his monastery.
- Let us the faithful praise Zosimas the offspring of the wilderness,
- the angel in the flesh and boast of monks.
- And with him let us also acclaim holy Mary of Egypt
- whose life transcended the limits of nature;
- and let us cry to them:
- "Glory to Him Who strengthened you;
- glory to Him Who made you holy;
- glory to Him Who through thee works healings for all."