Difference between revisions of "Zosima"
|Line 30:||Line 30:|
Revision as of 14:46, October 25, 2012
Our venerable and God-bearing father Zosima (also variously Zosimus, Zosimos or Zosimas) was a holy monastic who encountered St. Mary of Egypt in the desert during the sixth century. He brought the story of her life back to the brothers at his monastery. He is commemorated on April 4, and with St. Mary of Egypt on April 1.
- Let us the faithful praise Zosimas the offspring of the wilderness,
- the angel in the flesh and boast of monks.
- And with him let us also acclaim holy Mary of Egypt
- whose life transcended the limits of nature;
- and let us cry to them:
- "Glory to Him Who strengthened you;
- glory to Him Who made you holy;
- glory to Him Who through you works healings for all."
Kontakion (Tone 3)
- Let us all praise the righteous Zosimas, the boast of monastics,
- And with him, Mary who in the desert lived the angelic life.
- Let us cry to them in faith:
- Deliver from harm and corrupting passions,
- Those who celebrate your radiant memory!