Xenia of St. Petersburg
The only record of "vital statistics" which has been left us concerning Blessed Xenia is the epitaph on her gravestone:
- In the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- Here rests the body of the servant of God, Xenia Grigorievna,
- wife of the imperial chorister, Colonel Andrei Theodorovich Petrov.
- Widowed at the age of 26, a pilgrim for 45 years,
- she lived a total of 71 years.
- She was known by the name Andrei Theodorovich.
- May whoever knew me pray for my soul that his own may be saved. Amen.
Troparia (Tone 8)
- In you, O mother was carefully preserved what is according to the image.
- For you took up the Cross and followed Christ.
- By so doing, you taught us to disregard the flesh for it passes away,
- But to care instead for the soul since it is immortal.
- Therefore, O Blessed Xenia, your spirit rejoices with the Angels.
Kontakion (Tone 7)
- Having loved the poverty of Christ,
- You are now being satisfied at the Immortal Banquet.
- By the humility of the Cross, you received the power of God.
- Having acquired the gift of miraculous help, O Blessed Xenia,
- Beseech Christ God, that by repentance
- We may be delivered from every evil thing.
- From the Life published by Holy Trinity Monastery