Xenia of St. Petersburg
Revision as of 17:41, November 11, 2005 by Magda (a little clean-up)
Blessed St. Xenia of St. Petersburg (c.1719-30 – c.1803) was a fool-for-Christ.
The only record of "vital statistics" which has been left us concerning Blessed Xenia is the epitaph on her gravestone:
- In the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- Here rests the body of the servant of God, Xenia Grigorievna,
- wife of the imperial chorister, Colonel Andrei Theodorovich Petrov.
- Widowed at the age of 26, a pilgrim for 45 years,
- she lived a total of 71 years.
- She was known by the name Andrei Theodorovich.
- May whoever knew me pray for my soul that his own may be saved. Amen.
- From the Life published by Holy Trinity Monastery