Difference between revisions of "User talk:Troy99"
(→Image Editing Problem: copyright tag.)
(added table of contents)
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Revision as of 00:29, August 8, 2007
Welcome to OrthodoxWiki!
Thank you for your contributions. I hope you like the place and decide to stay. Please note that OrthodoxWiki is always in development, so not everything works quite right yet. You can help, though!
OrthodoxWiki is a community-edited encyclopedia of Orthodox Christianity. Articles are created and edited by our members, and so everything that we do here is subject to review and revision. The result is a true consensus product, with every interested editor contributing his own knowledge and writing skills. As such, when you feel that criticism of an article is warranted, we encourage you to join in and fix it! Don't worry about breaking anything or doing something wrong—the other editors here are happy to jump in and help you learn.
|For newcomers||For editors||Important notes|
| About OrthodoxWiki
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
| Help files
How to edit a page
How to create a new page
How to write a great article
| PLEASE read carefully the section of the Style Manual titled OrthodoxWiki:Style Manual (Point of View). |
Also please note that other editors will assume that you have read the Style Manual (our official editing guidelines). If you're wondering why an edit was reverted, an article renamed, or any other unexpected changes were made by another editor, check there.
Please also take a few moments to edit your user page by clicking on your name here, so that we can know a bit about you: User:Troy99. Feel free also to add your picture to the OrthodoxWiki:User gallery.
If you are uploading images, be sure you're doing so legally and according to OrthodoxWiki policy. Failure to abide by policy may result in your images getting deleted without warning.
If you would like to experiment with the wiki, please feel free to do so in the Sandbox.
By the way, you can sign your name on Talk and other discussion pages using three tildes, like this: ~~~. Four tildes (~~~~) produces your name and the current date. Please sign your comments on Talk pages, so everyone will easily be able to see who left them.
You'll have to verify your email address before editing any pages. This helps us prevent spam. Don't worry, your email won't be viewable to anyone but the sysops. We respect your privacy.
We hope you enjoy editing here and being a part of our community!
Gabriela 20:42, July 11, 2007 (PDT)
Image Editing Problem
It seems that I have over-edited the image "Image:St_Mark's_CopticChurch--TO.jpg". My apologies. Thanks for your understanding.
- Here is a view of the image:
Again, my bad. Thank-you, ~ Troy 20:46, August 5, 2007 (PDT)
- Hi Troy99, Thanks for your contribution. 'This image has no Copyright' (explicitly mentioned on the source Web site) does NOT mean it 'is free for use' or automatically justify the 'GNU Free Documentation License' you have attached to it. Do we have any clear written/e-mail permission from the Webmaster/owner of http://www.copticmuseum-canada.net/ ?
- Thanks. In Christ, --Arbible 00:03, August 6, 2007 (PDT)
- My mistake. I don't believe that the information I have (if any) is enough for me to verify the correct tag. May be I should put the PD tag (the one that says that it is ineligible for Copyright). But for now I will put the unverified tag in its place.
- Khen Piekhristos Isos pen-Choise, ~ Troy 16:24, August 7, 2007 (PDT)