Welcome to OrthodoxWiki!
Thank you for your contributions. I hope you like the place and decide to stay. Please note that OrthodoxWiki is always in development, so not everything works quite right yet. You can help, though!
OrthodoxWiki is a community-edited encyclopedia of Orthodox Christianity. Articles are created and edited by our members, and so everything that we do here is subject to review and revision. The result is a true consensus product, with every interested editor contributing his own knowledge and writing skills. As such, when you feel that criticism of an article is warranted, we encourage you to join in and fix it! Don't worry about breaking anything or doing something wrong—the other editors here are happy to jump in and help you learn.
|For newcomers||For editors||Important notes|
| About OrthodoxWiki
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
| Help files
How to edit a page
How to create a new page
How to write a great article
| PLEASE read carefully the section of the Style Manual titled OrthodoxWiki:Style Manual (Point of View). |
Also please note that other editors will assume that you have read the Style Manual (our official editing guidelines). If you're wondering why an edit was reverted, an article renamed, or any other unexpected changes were made by another editor, check there.
Please also take a few moments to edit your user page by clicking on your name here, so that we can know a bit about you: User:LoveMonkey. Feel free also to add your picture to the OrthodoxWiki:User gallery.
If you are uploading images, be sure you're doing so legally and according to OrthodoxWiki policy. Failure to abide by policy may result in your images getting deleted without warning.
If you would like to experiment with the wiki, please feel free to do so in the Sandbox.
By the way, you can sign your name on Talk and other discussion pages using three tildes, like this: ~~~. Four tildes (~~~~) produces your name and the current date. Please sign your comments on Talk pages, so everyone will easily be able to see who left them.
You'll have to verify your email address before editing any pages. This helps us prevent spam. Don't worry, your email won't be viewable to anyone but the sysops. We respect your privacy.
We hope you enjoy editing here and being a part of our community!
Gabriela 22:54, August 28, 2006 (CDT)
- Wasn't trying to answer anything about Lossky. As I said in my previous response to Fr Lev, I didn't write it. This user wrote the article using a faulty article name, and because there was already an article at Vladimir Lossky, I amalgamated the information of the Lossky article into the Vladimir Lossky article. Aside from small details about his relations with Elder Sophrony, I do not profess knowledge in this area, nor did I ever claim it. This is a wiki - if you know better, then for the good of everyone who reads this, change it.
- Additionally, the reference template (which I wrongly cited on Fr Lev's talk page) is Template:Citation — edited by Pιsτévο talk complaints at 15:57, August 29, 2006 (CDT)
- Please do - and saying what ideas (eg sophiology) that Lossky opposed would also make a valuable contribution to the article.
- n.b. Just in case this is relevant - don't feel you have to ask permission to edit an article (particularly this one, where I have publicly stated my lack of emotional involvement); this is a wiki, collective knowledge is kinda the only thing we've got. In short - please edit away! :) — edited by Pιsτévο talk complaints at 16:24, September 4, 2006 (CDT)
Exporting to Wikipedia
1. The wiki engine has nothing to do with licensing. It's just a piece of software.
2. I just clarified the existing terms more explicitly, since I saw that there was some disagreement going on over at Wikipedia on the subject.
3. Licensing on OrthodoxWiki was defined by the administration within the first year of its inception. It is unlikely to be changed at this point, since so many edits here have been contributed under its terms. (This same message was posted on my talk page.) —Fr. Andrew talk contribs 14:14, April 24, 2007 (PDT)