Difference between revisions of "User talk:Iacovibus"
m (→Macedonian OrthodoxWiki)
|Line 35:||Line 35:|
: In Christ,
: In Christ,
[[User:Iacovibus|Iacovibus]] 08:56, July 18, 2007 (PDT)
Revision as of 15:57, July 18, 2007
Welcome to OrthodoxWiki!
Thank you for your contributions. I hope you like the place and decide to stay. Please note that OrthodoxWiki is always in development, so not everything works quite right yet. You can help, though!
OrthodoxWiki is a community-edited encyclopedia of Orthodox Christianity. Articles are created and edited by our members, and so everything that we do here is subject to review and revision. The result is a true consensus product, with every interested editor contributing his own knowledge and writing skills. As such, when you feel that criticism of an article is warranted, we encourage you to join in and fix it! Don't worry about breaking anything or doing something wrong—the other editors here are happy to jump in and help you learn.
|For newcomers||For editors||Important notes|
| About OrthodoxWiki
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
| Help files
How to edit a page
How to create a new page
How to write a great article
| PLEASE read carefully the section of the Style Manual titled OrthodoxWiki:Style Manual (Point of View). |
Also please note that other editors will assume that you have read the Style Manual (our official editing guidelines). If you're wondering why an edit was reverted, an article renamed, or any other unexpected changes were made by another editor, check there.
Please also take a few moments to edit your user page by clicking on your name here, so that we can know a bit about you: User:Iacovibus. Feel free also to add your picture to the OrthodoxWiki:User gallery.
If you are uploading images, be sure you're doing so legally and according to OrthodoxWiki policy. Failure to abide by policy may result in your images getting deleted without warning.
If you would like to experiment with the wiki, please feel free to do so in the Sandbox.
By the way, you can sign your name on Talk and other discussion pages using three tildes, like this: ~~~. Four tildes (~~~~) produces your name and the current date. Please sign your comments on Talk pages, so everyone will easily be able to see who left them.
You'll have to verify your email address before editing any pages. This helps us prevent spam. Don't worry, your email won't be viewable to anyone but the sysops. We respect your privacy.
We hope you enjoy editing here and being a part of our community!
Gabriela 20:57, July 3, 2007 (PDT)
I would be very happy to set up a Macedonian OrthodoxWiki for you. Please read our localization guidelines at OrthodoxWiki:Localization. If you are willing to translate some of our core documents, and especially accept our copyright policy and our understanding NPOV and editorial tone, I will go ahead and create the site for you. I would take care of the technical end of things -- hosting, software, extensions, spam prevention, and so on -- and you would be able to focus on content and editing. How does this sound?
Yours in Christ,
- That would be excellent. Since I have participated on the localization of the Macedonian Wikipedia, I think that I'll manage the translation of the core documents well. Thank you for giving me chance for improving the condition with Orthodox electronic content on the web in general, and Orthodox electronic content in Macedonian language, in particular. I hope that with God's help, this will be a successful story. Thank you again, and may God be with all of us!
- In Christ,
- Iacovibus 08:49, July 16, 2007 (PDT)
I'm glad to hear of your experience on Wikipedia. I've set up mk.orthodoxwiki.org and given you admin status. A few notes here -- extensions are shared among all wikis. Interwiki links are also set in common -- don't spend time updating these through the special pages interface since your changes will be lost. You can let me know if you want anything added or changed. Also, let me know what the name of the copyright page should be, as well as the "OrthodoxWiki" namespace, and I'll fix that setting. You might wish to modify the logo, like bg.orthodoxwiki.org or ru.orthodoxwiki.org has done. Finally, keep in mind that accounts created at EN can be used on all sites, and that images hosted at commons.orthodoxwiki.org can likewise be used at all sites. In time, META.orthodoxwiki.org will become a central place for meta discussion -- for now it's just beginning. I'll also send you an invite to the sysop group (which email is best?). Let me know if you need anything else -- I'm very happy to see this happening.
Yours in Christ,
- I've just started working on the mk. localization of OrthodoxWiki. I'll work to translate and set up the core documents as soon as possible.
- I've joined the group, too (from my yahoo account, but redirect the mail to my primary, gmail account). As for now, the Macedonian logo will remain same. The name for the copyright page is Авторски права (in Cyrilic). Concerning the namespace, I am a bit confused: can't we use (more or less the same) namespace from Macedonian Wikipedia? Or we're talking about something else :) ?
- In Christ,
- Iacovibus 08:56, July 18, 2007 (PDT)