Welcome Reader Andrew! Glad to have you onboard - thanks for your contributions!
Sure thing, Father! Thanks for the opportunity to procrastinate productively. :)
Rdr. Andrew 21:50, 18 Dec 2004 (CST)
Per your request, Rdr Andrew:
OrthodoxWiki Capitalization Style
The following items should be capitalized in OrthodoxWiki articles:
- God and Trinity
- Church (when referencing the Church catholic; not when used as a generic reference for a local church)
- titles: Lord, Lady, Theotokos, Christ and titles with names, for example: Saint John, Apostle Peter, Bishop Basil, etc., but not saint, apostle, bishop, etc., as regular nouns
- proper names: Father, Son, Holy Spirit, Jesus, James, John, etc.
- Feast days: Pascha, Annunciation, Theophany, Transfiguration, etc. (however, within texts for a particular feast, it is not the title which is being referenced, but the event, so capitalization is unnecessary: "Your birth..." or "Thy nativity...," not "Your Birth..." or "Thy Nativity...")
- O (as in "O Lord," or "O Lady Theotokos,")
Other terms (including personal pronouns for God) leave uncapitalized.
--Basil 11:14, 10 Jan 2005 (CST)
- Moved to StyleGuide - FrJohn
Is this where articles on hymn types (troparia, kontakia, apolytikia, exapostilaria, canons, etc.) should go? --Basil 21:14, 11 Jan 2005 (CST)
- Thanks for the help. --Basil 17:52, 12 Jan 2005 (CST)