As of May 2015, I've read The Precious Pearl: The Lives of Saints Barlaam and Ioasaph at least seven times; I first read it in 2005 (almost exactly ten years ago), and it's still my all-time favourite Orthodox Christian book.
And here's my current (as of 20 May 2015) personal interpretation of the chronology of events that will happen during the last few years of this world's existence, according to Daniel Chapter 12 and Revelation Chapter 6 onwards:
- Opening of the sixth seal (Revelation 6:12 - 6:17) - I'm guessing this will happen in one day and on a Friday; it's just one great earthquake (accompanied by other natural disasters) that will be felt at the same time by all humans (and I'm assuming animals as well) that are still alive on Earth, so it must occur in one day, just like (but possibly, and probably, much greater than) the earthquake that occurred immediately after Jesus Christ died on the cross nearly two thousand years ago (Matthew 27:50 - 27:54), in order to punish (but not kill) humanity for murdering a man, who was also God at the same time. This great earthquake will also serve as a final wake-up call urging ALL humans to repent; but unfortunately, only a small fraction of the world's entire population will repent, which God has prophesied, since only He can see the future.
- Sealing of the "144,000" servants of God in their foreheads (Revelation Chapter 7) - I'm guessing this will happen the next day (a Saturday), an "Election Day" on which the "Elect" will be elected by God to literally live on "Mount Sion/Zion" (Revelation 14:1 - 14:5), which will be a physical place on Earth (NOT in "Heaven" after some kind of "Rapture", which is what Pre-tribulationists believe) where they will be protected from the three "woes" that will happen after the sounding of the fifth to seventh trumpets (Revelation 8:13) until the Second Coming of Jesus Christ.
- Opening of the seventh seal and sounding of the first four trumpets (Revelation Chapter 8) - I'm guessing these four natural disasters will happen the next day (a Sunday).
- Sounding of the fifth trumpet, followed by the first "woe" (Revelation 9:1 - 9:12) - I'm guessing these demon-possessed locusts, ruled by the Devil ("the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue is Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue hath his name Apollyon" (Revelation 9:11)), will start tormenting "those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads" (Revelation 9:4) the next day (a Monday), and continue for another 149 days ("five months" times thirty days per month).
- The second "woe" consists of two parts:
- Sounding of the sixth trumpet (Revelation 9:13 - 9:21) - I'm guessing these two hundred million demon-possessed "horsemen", led by four demons ("the four angels which are bound in the great river Euphrates" (Revelation 9:14)), will kill the "third part of men" (Revelation 9:15) during the next 391 days ("a day, and a month, and a year").
- The "forty and two months" (Revelation 11:2) or "a thousand two hundred and threescore days" (Revelation 11:3), i.e. 1,260 days of deception ("sweet as honey" (Revelation 10:9 - 10:10)) by the Antichrist; further elaboration can be found in Revelation Chapter 10, Revelation 11:1 - 11:14, Revelation Chapter 12 and Revelation Chapter 13.
- Sounding of the seventh trumpet, followed by the third and final "woe" (Revelation 11:15 - 11:19), which consists of seven plagues; further elaboration can be found in Revelation 14:6 - 19:21 and Revelation 20:7 - 20:10.
- General Resurrection of the Dead and the Last Judgment (Revelation 20:11 - 20:15)
- "a new heaven and a new earth" (Revelation 21:1 - 22:5) on the 1,335th day (Daniel 12:12), possibly a Sunday and 75 days after the end of the 1,260 days. It's also the 1,876th day (exactly 268 weeks, which would be exactly five years and seven weeks if the 268 weeks consists of two leap years) since the start of the first day of the first "woe" (the one with the locusts, after the sounding of the fifth trumpet).