Useful Links on OrthodoxWiki
Resources for OrthodoxWiki Editors
(Based on a similar section of Basil's.)
Saints and Feasts
- Feasts and Saints of the Church Year on the Orthodox Church in America site
- Complete List of Saints from the website of the Protection of the Mother of God Church (ROCOR) in Rochester, New York
- Church Calendar and Search for a Saint from the goarch website
- Saint of the Day from the website of the Saint George Antiochian Orthodox Christian Church in Washington, DC
- Saints Index from the website of the Church of Saint Patrick (Roman Catholic) in Washington, DC
- Synaxarion from the Antiochian Orthodox Christian Archdiocese of North America website
- The Christian Classics Ethereal Library a wonderful repository of patristic translations
I am married to a seminarian at the Holy Cross Greek Orthodox School of Theology in Brookline, Massachusetts.
A convert from Catholicism, I was chrismated on January 25, 2004, the feast day of St. Gregory the Theologian. I chose the name Magdalene for my middle name to honor my patron saint, St. Mary Magdalene, whose feast day is July 22.
I am interested in iconography: both in the writing and interpreting of icons.
Pray for me, a sinner.
My husband came from Romania approximately nine years ago. His most recent degree is a doctorate in computer science. At Holy Cross, he participates in the school's soccer and basketball teams. He enjoys chanting, working for the Church, and sharing really bad puns. He is nigh invulnerable and quite tall, both on purpose.
My husband's parish assignment is at St. Vasilios Greek Orthodox Church (official site) in Peabody, Massachusetts. He is involved in teaching 8th grade church school and in coaching one of the girls' basketball teams.