I am the founding Sysop of OrthodoxWiki.org. You can contact me by leaving a message on my discussion page, or clicking the E-mail this user link in the "toolbox" on the sidebar. I can also be reached directly by email at info at OrthodoxWiki dot org.
Other places you can find me are:
See also my Wikipedia User page: Wikipedia:User:Jschroe.
My contributions to OrthodoxWiki can largely be described as "metapedian" - that is, I spend most of my time here worrying about the structure and community of OrthodoxWiki rather than writing articles. That's the way it is for now, maybe that will change someday!
waga koromode no
|If these sleeves|
of my black robe
From Ryokan: Zen Monk Poet of Japan, trans. Burton Watson, p. 50
A Few Quotes
- "Repentance is the daughter of hope and the renunciation of despair." - The Ladder 5:1
- "Orthodoxy is summoned to witness. Now more than ever the Christian West stands before divergent prospects, a living question addressed also to the Orthodox world… The ‘old polemical theology’ has long ago lost its inner connection with any reality. Such theology was an academic discipline, and was always elaborated according to the same western ‘textbooks.’ A historiosophical exegesis of the western religious tragedy must become the new ‘polemical theology.’ But this tragedy must be reendured and relived, precisely as one’s own, and its potential catharsis must be demonstrated in the fullness of the experience of the Church and patristic tradition. In this newly sought Orthodox synthesis, the centuries-old experience of the Catholic West must be studied and diagnosed by Orthodox theology with greater care and sympathy than has been the case up to now… The Orthodox theologian must also offer his own testimony to this world — a testimony arising from the inner memory of the Church — and resolve the question with his historical findings." - Georges Florovsky, Ways of Russian Theology II, pp. 302-304
- /Wiki to-do - My personal wiki to-do list
- /articles - links to articles, some by me and many by others
- /quotes - more quotes
- /thoughts on writing - from various sources
- /sig - used for signatures to make my talk page more accessible (Did you know you can include any page on the wiki like as template?)
|I hereby reissue all of my edits before November 22, 2005, under both the GNU Free Documentation License as well as the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license (version 2.5 or later), unless explicitly noted otherwise, in conformity with the revised OrthodoxWiki default copyright policy.|