Theodoritos (Polyzogopoulos) of Nazianzos
Revision as of 20:21, March 4, 2010 by Andrew (add category)
- 1948: Born in Athens, Greece.
- 1972: Awarded Bachelor of Arts in Theology from the University of Athens.
- 1972: Ordained to diaconate on September 9, 1972, in Athens
- 1972: Ordained to priesthood on September 17, 1972, in London. Served as rector and headmaster of the Greek schools of the Orthodox communities of Cambridge, Manchester and St Nicholas, London until 1979.
- 1976: Awarded Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy from the University of Athens.
- 1979: Awarded Doctor of Philosophy from the University of Manchester.
- 1979-2000: Served at the Cathedral of St Paraskevi of the Archdiocese of Athens. Taught ancient Greek philosophy, theology and Christian ethics at the Greek-American College of Athens.
- 1983-84: Taught History of Philosophy at the Higher Ecclesiastical Academy of Athens.
- 2000: Elected and consecrated Bishop of Nazianzos. Began to serve in March at the Cathedral of the Holy Wisdom, London.