Welcome to OrthodoxWiki!
Thank you for your contributions. I hope you like the place and decide to stay. Please note that OrthodoxWiki is always in development, so not everything works quite right yet. You can help, though!
OrthodoxWiki is a community-edited encyclopedia of Orthodox Christianity. Articles are created and edited by our members, and so everything that we do here is subject to review and revision. The result is a true consensus product, with every interested editor contributing his own knowledge and writing skills. As such, when you feel that criticism of an article is warranted, we encourage you to join in and fix it!
Here are a few good links for newcomers:
- About OrthodoxWiki (what it is and is not)
- User guidelines
- Community Portal
- User list
- Admin list
- News about OrthodoxWiki
Essential reading for editors:
- Help files
- How to edit a page
- How to create a new page
- How to write a great article
- Copyrights (the OrthodoxWiki copyright policy)
- Image licenses (a must for all images you upload)
- Style Manual (official standards—a must read!)
- PLEASE carefully read the section of the Style Manual titled OrthodoxWiki:Style Manual (Point of View).
- Also please note that other editors will assume that you have read the Style Manual and will edit your articles accordingly. It will save a lot of time and effort if you familiarize yourself with it before you begin creating and editing articles.
Do be sure to read the Style Manual thoroughly, as it could answer some questions as to why your edits may be getting reverted, your articles renamed, or other unexpected changes made. I hope you enjoy editing here and being a part of our community!
Please also take a few moments to edit your user page by clicking on your name here, so that we can know a bit about you: User:Welcome. Feel free also to add your picture to the OrthodoxWiki:User gallery.
Your user page can also be reached by holding down the Alt key and pressing . (the period or dot) or by clicking above on your username. You can also use that page to include links you find helpful for your work here on OrthodoxWiki.
By the way, you can sign your name on Talk and other discussion pages using three tildes, like this: ~~~. Four tildes (~~~~) produces your name and the current date. Please sign your comments on Talk pages, so everyone will easily be able to see who left them.