- 1900 Meletius, bishop of Ryazan, missionary to Yakutia, January 14; Martyrdom of Orthodox Christians in Chinese Boxer Rebellion (Yihetuan Movement), June 11.
- 1902 Jonah (Peter in schema), founder of Holy Trinity Monastery in Kiev, January 9
- 1903 St. Cornelius, monk of Krypets Monastery in Pskov, December 28.
- 1905 Parthenios Koudouma Monastery, July 10; Apostolos Makrakis, December 25.
- 1906 Barnabas, elder of the Gethsemane Skete of St. Sergius Lavra, February 17;
- 1907 Ilia the Righteous, July 20
- 1908 John of Kronstadt.
- 1909 Alexis of Wilkes-Barre, May 7.
- 1912 Nicholas of Japan.
- 1914 Maxim Sandovich, August 6
- 1915 Raphael of Brooklyn.
- 1917-40 Persecution of the Orthodox Church in Russia begins, with 130,000 priests arrested, 95,000 of whom were executed by firing squad.
- 1917 Martyrdom of hieromartyr John Kochurov
- 1918 Jeremiah, Hieromartyr, January 1; John Piankov and Nicholas Yakhontov priests, January 5; St. Vladimir; January 25; Tsar Nicholas II of Russia murdered together with his wife Alexandra and children; Elizabeth the New Martyr, July 18; St. Theophanes, December 11; Sergy (Florinsky) of Rakvere, December 17; Michael the priest, December 21; Saints of Ivangorod: Dimitry (Chistoserdov) and Alexander (Volkov) December 26; Alexander and Demetrius priests, December 26; Nikodim, bishop of Belgorod and Arcadius deacon, December 28; Peter (Skipetrov) of Petrograd, Archpriest, New Hieromartyr, February 1; Michael Lisitsyn , the priest of Ust-Labinskaya, Russia, February 22; Joseph Smirnov the protoierey, John Kastorsky the deacon, Vladimir Ilinsky the priest, hieromartyrs and John Perebaskin the martyr, February 22;
- 1919 Death of Saints of Tartu: Platon (Kulbush) bishop of Tallinn, Michael (Bleive) and Nicholas (Bezhanitsky) January 1; Tikhon, archbishop of Voronezh and with him 160 martyred priests, December 27; Andrew (Zimin), Archpriest, his wife Lydia, his mother-in-law Domnica, his two daughters and his servant Maria, of Ussurisk January 6; Nicholas, Theodore and Vladimir priests, Hieromartyrs, January 11; John priest, Hieromartyr, January 16; Michael the priest, New Hieromartyr, January 18; Basil and Gabriel the priests, February 13.
- 1919-1922 Greco-Turkish War; Pontic Greek Genocide eliminates the Christian population of Trebizond.
- 1920 Nektarios of Aegina; Evmenios of Koudouma Monastery, July 10; Martyr Alexander the priest, December 28; Zenobius priest, Hieromartyr, January 10; John and Leontius priests, new hieromartyrs, Constantine deacon and with them 5 Martyrs, January 29; Silvester (Olshevsky), bishop of Omsk and Pavlodar, New Hieromartyr, February 13
- 1921 Joseph Hieromartyr and with him 37 Martyrs, January 5; Methodius bishop of Petropavlovsk, New Hieromartyr, February 4; Demetrius priest and Anatolius the Martyrs February 6; Lyubov of Ryazan, fool-for Christ, February 8
- 1922 Benjamin (Kazansky) of Petrograd and Gdovsk, July 31.
- 1923 Agafangel (Preobrazhensky) of Yaroslavl, October 3,Alexis (Shushania), hieromonk of Teklati, Georgia, venerable, January 18;
- 1924 Arsenios the Cappadocian, November 10
- 1925 Tikhon of Moscow; St. Jonah of Manchuria, Bishop of Hankou (1922-1925);
- 1926 Macarius, metropolitan of Moscow, apostle to the Altai, February 16
- 1928 Death of Hieromartyr Innocentius December 24
- 1929 Peter archbishop of Voronezh, New Hieromartyr, January 25;
- 1930 Michael the priest December 25, Hieromartyrs Nicolas priests and Michael deacon December 26; Peter priest, Hieromartyr, January 10; Benjamin, bishop of Romanov, New Hieromartyr January 15; Eugine the priest, New Hieromartyr, January 18; Nicholas priest, New Hieromartyr, January 19; Basil bishop of Priluksk, new hieromartyr, January 25; Maria of Gatchina, New Martyr, January 26, Basil the priest, New Hieromartyr, February 6; Basil the priest, New Hieromartyr, February 9; Peter and Valerian the, priests New Hieromartyrs, February 10; Alexius (Buy), bishop of Voronezh, New Hieromartyr, February 12; Michael Piataev and John Kumin the priests, New Hieromartyrs, February 15; Alexander, Daniel and Gregory priests and New Hieromartyrs, February 21; Peter the priest, New Hieromartyr, February 26;
- 1931 Victor priest, Hieromartyr, January 17; Athanasia, (Lepeshkin) Abbess of Zosima Hermitage, New Martyr, January 25; Mitrophan, archpriest and New Martyr, February 12; Nicholas, priest of Kronstadt, April 5; Peter Lagov, priest in Moscow, New Hieromartyr, February 16;
- 1932 Papa-Nicholas (Planas) of Athens, March 2; Vladimir the confessor, priest, January 11; Alexander (Medvedsky) the priest, New Hieromartyrs, February 18; Vladimir, priest and Hieromartyr, February 18; Sergius the priest, New Hieromartyr, February 27;
- 1933 Alexander, Stephen and Philippe priests, Hieromartyrs, January 4; Eugenia, the Virgin-martyr, January 5; Theodore the confessor, priest , January 28; Vladimir priest, new hieromartyr, January 30; Sergius priest, New Hieromartyr, February 26;
- 1934 Sergius priest, Hieromartyr, January 5; Elias Chetverukhin, priest of Moscow, New Hieromartyr, February 16;
- 1936 Theoktista Michailovna, fool-for-Christ of Voronezh, the New Martyr, February 22;
- 1936-37 Many Russian Orthodox Clerics die in Joseph Stalin's Great Purge.
- 1937 Disappearance of Fr. Alexander Hotovitzky, martyred; Karp (Elb), September 11; Hieromartyr Sergius, December 21; Hieromartyrs Leonidas bishop of Mariysk, Andrew bishop of Ufa, Alexander priest, Anthisa, Makaria and Valentina December 26; Martyr Antonina, December 27; Hieromartyrs Theoctistus, Leonid priests, December 28; Michael Hieromartyr priest December 31; Victor the priest, Hieromartyr, January 8; Cyril, metropolitan of Kazan, new hieromartyr, January 26; Basil Nadezhnin, Priest in Moscow, New Hieromartyr, February 6; Barlaam archbishop of Perm, New Hieromartyr, February 7; Onisimus, bishop of Tula, New Hieromartyr, February 14; Anna the martyr, February 26,
- 1938 Death of Silouan the Athonite; Hieromartyrs Demetrius and Theodore priests December 22; Hieromartyr Nicetas bishop of Belevsk, December 21; Hieromartyrs Basil priest, Macarius and John, December 23; Venerable Isaac of Optina, Hieromartyrs Gregory priest and martyrs Augusta and Mary, Agrippina, December 26; Hieromartyr Aretha priest, December 28; Hieromartyr Theodosius priest, January 11; Peter, Martyr, December 31; Alexander, archbishop of Samara and with him John, Alexander, John, Alexander, Trophime, Viacheslav, Basil and James priests, New Hieromartyrs, January 1; Matthew, Martyr January 5; Paphnutius, Martyr, January 7; Demetrius, Vladimir priests hieromartyrs, Michael Martyr January 8; Anatolius, Metropolitan of Odessa, New Hieromartyr, January 10; Paul the priest, hieromartyr, January 17, Vladimir, Nicholas, Sergius Alexander priests, New Hieromartyrs, January 18; Elias the priest, New Hieromartyr, January 21; John, Nicholas, Jacob, Peter, John, John, John and Euthymius priest, new hieromartyrs, January 22; Seraphim the new mieromartyr, martyrs Evdokia, Ecaterine and Militsa, January 23; Stephen priest, martyr Boris, January 25; Ignatius bishop of Skopinsk, Arcadius, Vladimir and Bartholomeus the hieromartyrs, and John and Olga the Martyrs, January 28; Nicholas the priest, New Hieromartyr, February 1; Basil the priest, New Hieromartyr, and Michael the Martyr, February 2; John, Timothy priests, New Hieromartyrs, and Vladimir, Martyr, February 3; Eustaphius, John, Alexander, Sergius, John, Theodora, Aleksander, Nicholas, Alexis, Nicholas, Alexis, Alexander, Arcadius, Boris, Michael, Nicholas, Alexis, Andrew, Demetrius, John, Peter priests, the New Hieromartyrs, Martyrs Seraphim, Rafaila, Anna, Catherine, John, Basil, Demetrius, Theodore, and Demetrius, February 4; Matushka Agatha of Bielorussia, New Martyrs, February 5; Alexander the priest, New Hieromartyr, February 6; Alexander the priest, New Hieromartyr, February 7; Simeon, Andrew, Sergius and Peter, priests and the New Hieromartyrs, February 8; John the priest, New Hieromartyr, February 9; Anatole (Greesiuk), metropolitan of Odessa, the New Martyr, February 10; Zosimas, Nicholas, Basil, John, Leontius, Vladimir, Parthenius, John, John, Michael priests hieromartyrs, and Martyrs Paul, Anna, Vera and Irina, February 13; Tryphon the deacon, New Hieromartyr, February 14; Nicholas, Alexis, Alexis the priests and Simeon the deacon, New Hieromartyrs, Paul and Sophia the martyrs, February 15; Paul the priest, New Hieromartyr, February 16; Michael and Paul the priests and New Hieromartyrs, February 17; Benjamin the hieromonk, Hieromartyr, February 18; Nicholas the priest, New Hieromartyr, February 20; Constantine priest, Paul deacon the Hieromartyrs and Olga the Martyr, February 21; Michael, John, Victor, John, Sergius, Andrew priests, Sergius and Antipa the New Hieromartyrs, Parasceva, Stephen, Elizabeth, Irina and Barbara the martyrs, February 22; Alexis, Nicholas priests and New Hieromartyrs, and Sergius Martyr, February 23; Alexander, the priest, Mstislava, the martyrs, February 25; John, bishop of Rylsk and John the priest, New Hieromartyrs, February 26; Peter the priest and Hieromartyr, Martyr Michael, February 27;
- 1939 Nicholas the priest, Hieromartyr, January 4; Basil, priest, Hieromartyr, January 7; Eugene the Schemamonk of Bielorussia, February 5
- 1940 Death of Hieromartyr Leontius deacon, December 21; John, Martyr January 7; Theodore the Martyr, January 19; Paul the priest, New Hieromartyr, January 20;
- 1941 Martyrdom of Gorazd (Pavlik) of Prague by Nazis; Platon of Banja Luka, May 5; Petar (Zimonjić) of Dabar-Bosna, Dositheus, Metropolitan of Zagreb, Confessor, December 31; Paul priest, Hieromartyr, January 4; Michael the confessor, priest, January 8; Andrew the Martyr, February 22
- 1941-45 Croatian Ustasa terrorists kill 500,000 Orthodox Serbs, expel 250,000 and force 250,000 to convert to Catholicism; Paramon, Righteous of Belorussia, February 5
- 1942 Joanikije (Lipovac) of Montenegro, July 20; Hieromartyr Sergius priest December 24; John, Saint January 6; Michael, priest, Hieromartyr, January 15; Alexandra and Michael the martyrs, February 5; Alexis the priest, New Hieromartyr, February 7, Alexander the priest, New Hieromartyr, February 8; Philaret the New Hieromartyr, February 22
- 1943 Paul the priest, New Hieromartyr, January 9
- 1943-44 Hundreds of Orthodox priests of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church eliminated, tortured and drowned by Organization of Ukrainian Nationalists - Ukrainian Rebel Army, aided by Uniate Metr. Josyf Slipyj who was a spiritual leader of Nazi military units that were later condemned by the Nuremberg tribunal, and who was imprisoned by Soviet authorities for aiding the UPA.
- 1944 Ekvtime (Kereselidze) the Confessor, of Georgia, January 20; Demetrius Klepinine, priest of Paris, January 27; Leo Korobczuk, priest in Laskov (Chelm and Podlasie, Poland), New Hieromartyr, February 25;
- 1945-90 Persecution of the Orthodox Church in Albania.
- 1945 Arseny (Chagovtsov) of Winnipeg, October 4; Virgin-martyr Mary, January 12; Stephen the Martyr, January 30
- 1947 Alexei Kabalyiuk.
- 1948 Savvas the New of Kalymnos.
- 1949 Seraphim of Viritsa, March 21.
- 1950 Death of Venerable Laurence of Chernigov, January 11;
- 1953 Euthymius (Taqaishvili) the Man of God of Tbilisi, January 3
- 1956 Nikolai Velimirovic, March 18.
- 1957 John (Maisuradze) of Georgia, January 21
- 1959 Elder George (Karslidis) of Drama (1901-1959), November 4; Elder Joseph the Hesychast (1898-1959)
- 1960 Anthimos of Chios February 15; John (Iacob) the Romanian (the Hozevite),August 5; George-John (Mkheidze) of Georgia, January 21; Symeon of the Pskov Caves, Venerable, January 5;
- 1961 John the confessor, venerable, January 14;
- 1964 Varnava Nastic, November 12; Elder Gervasius of Patras (1877-1964)
- 1966 John (Maximovitch) the Wonderworker, Archbishop of Shanghai and San Fransisco, July 2.
- 1970 Elder Amphilochios (Makris) of Patmos (+1970); Archpriest Stefan Wu Zhiquan ., the new martyr.
- 1972 Leonty (Stasevich) of Ivanovo, Venerable, January 27; Leontius of Tarnopol and Jablechna (Poland), New Hieromartyr, January 27; Leontius (?), Venerable, confessor, January 27
- 1975 Papa-Dimitris (Gagastathis); Elder Demetrius of Trikala (1902-1975)
- 1979 matushka Olga Michael, November 8; Justin Popovich; Archimandrite Philoumenos, November 16;
- 1980 Elder Philotheos (Zervakos) of Paros (1884-1980).
- 1982 Seraphim Rose
- 1983 Elder Arsenios the cave-dweller of Mt. Athos.
- 1989 Hieromonk Kosmas of Zaire (1942-1989); Elder Epiphanius of Athens (+1989)
- 1991 Elder Porphyrios (Bairaktaris) the Kapsokalivite; (Evangelos (Bairaktaris)), February 7; Elder Iacovos (Tsalikis) of Euboea (1920-1991)
- 1992 Gabrielia (Papayannis) and Chrysanthi of Andros.
- 1993 Canonization of Chrysostomos (Kalafatis) of Smyrna.
- 1994 Elder Paisios (Eznepidis) of Mt. Athos, July 12.
- 1995 Eldress Macrina of Volos (1921-1995); Gerasimos (Papadopoulos) of Abydos, June 12.
- 1998 Elder Ephraim of Katounakia.
- 2000 Fr. Grigory Zhu, September; Blessed Stavritsa the Missionary (1916-2000)