Difference between revisions of "Template:Saints00"
(→5509 AM Byzantine Calendar)
|Line 173:||Line 173:|
; ''Unknown dates:''
; ''Unknown dates:''
* [] and [[Elizabeth]], parents of St. John the Baptist, [[June 24
Revision as of 04:06, September 6, 2011
- 1 Creation to New Testament period
- 1.1 Creation (1 AM) to the Great Flood
- 1.2 The Great Flood to Abraham
- 1.3 Abraham dating
- 1.4 to Moses
- 1.5 Moses to Canaan
- 1.6 Canaan to the Reign of King Saul
- 1.7 The Reign of King David (40 years)
- 1.8 The Reign of King Solomon (985 - 945 BC)
- 1.9 The Divided Kingdom (Israel and Judah)
- 1.10 The Fall of Israel to the Fall of Judah
- 1.10.1 8th century BC (800 BC to end of 701 BC)
- 1.10.2 7th century BC (700 BC and ends 601 BC)
- 1.10.3 6th century BC (600 BC and ends 501 BC)
- 1.10.4 5th century BC (500 BC and ends 401 BC)
- 1.10.5 4th century BC (400 BC and ends 301 BC)
- 1.10.6 3rd century BC (300 BC and ends 201 BC)
- 1.10.7 2nd century BC (200 BC and ends 101 BC)
- 1.10.8 Last century BC (100 BC and ends 1 BC)
- 1.10.9 5509 AM Byzantine Calendar
Creation to New Testament period
NOTE: Refer to the article on Byzantine Creation Era for further information on Chronological dating of Old Testament era. This list is based on the Byzantine Creation date of 5509AM and references to Greek Septuagint LXX.
- The Pre-existent Christ, [John 1].
Creation (1 AM) to the Great Flood
- 5509 BC [1 AM]:
- Cain and Abel born, Sons of Adam and Eve.
- Cain kills Abel, [Genesis 4].
- 5278 BC [230 AM]: Seth born, Son of Adam and Eve [Genesis 4:25].
- Seth marries his sister, Azura.
- 435AM [5073 BC]: Enosh born, son of Seth, [Genesis 5:6].
- 544AM [4964 BC]: Cainan born, son of Enosh, [Genesis 5:9].
- 714AM [4794 BC]: Mahalalel born, son of Cainan, [Genesis 5:12].
- 879AM [4629 BC]: Jared born, son of Mahalalel, [Genesis 5:15].
- 930AM [4578 BC]: Death of Adam aged 930 yo, [Genesis 5:5].
- 1041AM [4467 BC]: Enoch born, son of Jared, [Genesis 5:18].
- Enoch "walks with God" [Genesis 5:23-24]
- 1142AM [4366 BC]: Seth dies aged 912 yo [Genesis 5:8].
- 1206AM [4302 BC]: Methuselah born, son of Enoch, [Genesis 5:21].
- 1259AM [4249 BC]: Enosh dies aged 905 yo, [Genesis 5:11].
- 1393AM [4115 BC]: Lamech born, son of Methusaleh, [Genesis 5:25].
- 1454AM [4054 BC]: Cainan dies aged 910 yo, [Genesis 5:14].
- 1609AM [3899 BC]: Mahalalel dies aged 895 yo, [Genesis 5:17].
- 1663AM [3845 BC]: Noah, son of Lamech born, [Genesis 5:28-29].
- 1841AM [3667 BC]: Jared dies aged 962 yo, [Genesis 5:20].
- 2146AM [3362 BC]: Lamech dies aged 777 yo [Genesis 5:31].
- 2163AM [3345 BC]: Sons of Noah born; Shem, Ham and Japheth, [Genesis 5:32].
- 2175AM [3333 BC]: Methusaleh dies at 969 [Genesis 5:27].
- 2163AM [3345 BC]: Righteous Noah starts building the Ark, [Genesis 6:9-22]
The Great Flood to Abraham
- 2263AM [3245 BC]: The Great Flood [Genesis 7 and 8].
- 2264AM [3244 BC]: Noah and his family exit the Ark [Genesis 8:13-14].
Christ's Genealogy is traced after the Flood through Shem (Lk 3:35, 36).
- The Birth of Language / Tower of Babel [Genesis 11]
- Shem, Ham and Japeth re-populate the earth, Genesis 10.
- 2265AM [3244 BC]: Arphaxad, son of Shem, is born two years after the flood, [Genesis 11:10].
- 2400AM Cainan, son of Arphaxad, is born, [Genesis 11:12].
- 2613AM [x BC]: Death of Noah aged 950 yo, [Genesis 9:28].
- 2663AM [x BC]: Death of Shem aged 600 yo, [Genesis 11:11].
- 2830AM Death of Arphaxad aged 565 yo, [Genesis 11:13]
- Salah, son of Cainan (130 yo + 330y), is born [Genesis 11:13]
- Eber, son of Salah (130 yo +330y), is born [Genesis 11:14]
- 3312AM? Birth of Abram (Abraham), Genesis 11:26-27
- Abram takes Sarai as wife.
- Terah takes Abram and his grandson Lot from Ur of the Chaldeans destined for the land of Canaan.
- Terah, aged 205 yo. dies in Haran, [Genesis 11:32].
- 3387AM?: Abram, aged 75 yo. departs Haran to complete the journey for the land of Canaan, [Genisis 12:4].
- Severe famine in the land.
- Time in Egypt
- Plain of Jordan allocated to Lot / Abram dwells in the land of Canaan.
- 3398AM?: Hagar, Sarai's maid, conceives ten years in the land of Canaan, [Genesis 16:3]; Ishmael is born (Abram aged 86 yo).
- Death of Sarah (Aged 127 yo), buried by Abraham in the Cave of the Patriarchs.
- Abram becomes Abraham
- 3487AM?: Death of Abraham (Aged 175 yo) in Canaan.
- Birth of Isaac
- Birth of Jacob
- Birth of Joseph
- Jacob enters Egypt
- Death of Jacob
- Death of Joseph
Moses to Canaan
- 1550 to 1200 BC?
- 1391 BC: Birth of Moses, Egypt.
- 1312 BC: c, Likely commencement of Exodus.
- The 10 plagues against Egypt
- The Hebrews are freed and then pursued
- Crossing the Red Sea
- Israel wanders in the desert for 40 years
- Receiving the 10 Commandments
- The conquest and division of Canaan
- 1271 BC: Death of the glorious Prophet Moses, God-seer, September 4.
- xxxx BC: Joshua of Navi, September 1.
Canaan to the Reign of King Saul
- temporary list of activity by biblical figures.
- 1146 BC: Samuel the Prophet, August 20.
- 1104 BC: Birth of Kish, father of Saul.
- 1079 BC: Birth of Saul
- 1049 BC: Saul anointed by the prophet Samuel, 1st King of the united Kingdom of Israel and reigned from Gibeah for 40 years, [Acts 13:21].
- 1029 BC: Death of Kish, father of Saul.
- 1009 BC: c, 1007 BC Saul's reign ends(Aged 72), Battle of Mount Gilboa?
The Reign of King David (40 years)
- David and Goliath, 1 Samuel 17
- David becomes King, 2 Samuel 5
- David with Bathsheba, 2 Samuel 11
- Absalom's rebellion, 2 Samuel 15-18
- David prepares temple materials, 1 Chronicles 22
10th century BC (1000 BC to 901 BC)
- 1000 BC: Menelik, son of Solomon and Queen of Sheba, visits Jerusalem and steals the Ark of the Covenant (Ethiopian tradition).
- 970 BC: Death of the holy and righteous King David.
The Reign of King Solomon (985 - 945 BC)
- Solomon becomes King, 1 Kings 1
- Solomon asks God for wisdom, 1 Kings 3
- The building of the Temple, 1 Kings 6
- Solomon's downfall, 1 Kings 11
The Divided Kingdom (Israel and Judah)
The nation of Israel is divided into two: Israel to the north and Judah to the south.
9th century BC (900 BC to end of 801 BC)
- 844 BC c, In the reign of Joram, Jerusalem invaded by Philistines and Arabians [cf. Chron. 21:16f; 4 Kgs. 8:20]
The Fall of Israel to the Fall of Judah
8th century BC (800 BC to end of 701 BC)
- The Holy Prophet Obadiah, November 19
- 778 BC: The prophetic service of Micah begins.
7th century BC (700 BC and ends 601 BC)
- The Holy Prophet Nahum (7th of the 12 Minor prophets) from the village of Elkosh, died 45 years old, December 1.
- 609 BC Death of King Josiah, d. June/July.
6th century BC (600 BC and ends 501 BC)
- 597 BC: Deportation of Jews (first). King Jeconiah.
- 586 BC: Babylonian captivity for the Jews begins. Jerusalem falls to the Babylonians, ending the Kingdom of Judah. The conquerors destroy the Temple of Jerusalem and exile the land's remaining inhabitants.
- 582 BC: Possible deportation of Jews (third).
- 538 BC: Forced exile.
- 536 BC: The holy prophet Daniel receives an angelic visitor.
5th century BC (500 BC and ends 401 BC)
Note: During this period, both Ezra and Nehemiah, leaders of the Jews, return from Babylonian Exile.
- 458 BC: Ezra leads about 1,500 Judean exiles living in Babylon to their home city of Jerusalem, where he enforces observance of the Torah and cleanses the community of mixed marriages. Described in the Book of Ezra 8:2-14.
- 459 BC: Ezra leads the Jews from Babylon to Jerusalem (second lot).
- 413 BC: c, Death of Nehemiah.
4th century BC (400 BC and ends 301 BC)
- 332 BC: Alexander the Great enters Jerusalem.
3rd century BC (300 BC and ends 201 BC)
2nd century BC (200 BC and ends 101 BC)
Last century BC (100 BC and ends 1 BC)
- 44 BC: Julius Caesar murdered.
- 22 BC: c, 19 BC
- 19 BC: c, 16 BC Presentation of the Theotokos, at the age of three.
- 16 BC: c, 9 BC According to Orthodox tradition Joachim and Anna retire to Wâdî Qilt located in the desert between Jerusalem and Jericho.
5509 AM Byzantine Calendar
The Byzantine Calendar is set on the basis that Jesus Christ was thought to have been born in the year 5509 Annus Mundi (AM) - the year since the creation of the world according to the Spetuagint dating.
- 4 BC:
- Unknown dates:
- Zachariah and Elizabeth, parents of St. John the Baptist, June 24.
- Zachariah, father of John the Baptist, 1st century BC died in Jerusalem (Matthew 23:35), September 5.
This template displays the series box and includes the article in Category:Saints
- Daniel 10:4
- Saint Ioachim and Anna brought gifts to the Lord's temple in Jerusalem on the yearly Feast of the Dedication (Hanukkah) and Feast of Lights (c.f. Macc 4:52-59; 2 Macc 10:5).
- St. Ioachim lived for 80 years and Anna for 79. They lived for around seven years after Mary was dedicated, making the holy Theotokos around 10 when they reposed.
- Paul Stephenson. "Translations from Byzantine Sources: The Imperial Centuries, c.700-1204: John Skylitzes, "Synopsis Historion": The Year 6508, in the 13th Indiction: the Byzantine dating system". November 2006.
- European folklore has maintained the names of the Magi to be Balthasar, Melchior, and Gaspar (or Caspar)
- The Syrian "Book of the Bee" suggests the names of the Nativity Sheperds to be Asher, Zebulun, Justus, Nicodemus, Joseph, Barshabba, and Jose.