Difference between revisions of "Template:April 1"
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
[[Image:Zosimas and Mary of Egypt.jpg|100px|Sts. Zosimas and Mary of Egypt]]
[[Image:Zosimas and Mary of Egypt.jpg|100px|Sts. Zosimas and Mary of Egypt
Latest revision as of 20:16, August 30, 2012
Saints Hermes and Theodora the martyrs (132); Saint Melito of Sardis, Bishop of Sardis (177); Saints Alexander, Dionysius, Ingeniani, Panteros (or Pantainos), Parthenios and Saturninus the Martyrs; Martyrs Gerontius and Basilides (3rd c.); Martyr Polynikos; Righteous Achaz; Venerable Mary of Egypt (ca. 421); Saint Makarios of Pelekete, Abbot of Pelekete Monastery (820); Saint Procopius of Sázava, Abbot of Sázava in Bohemia (1053); Venantius, a Dalmatian bishop whose relics were brought from Spalato to Rome in 641 (ca.255); Martyr hermit Tewdric of Tintern, Wales (6th c.); Saint Valéry (Walric, Walericus), Abbot of Leuconay (Saint-Valery-sur-Somme) (622); Saints Caidoc and Fricor (Adrian), Welsh missionaries (7th c.); Saint Dodolinus of Vienne, Bishop of Vienne in the Dauphiné in France (7th c.); Saint Cellach (Cellach mac Congaile), Archbishop of Armagh in Ireland, previously the Abbot of Iona in Scotland and founder of the Monastery of Kells (815); Saint John Shavteli of Salosi (John of Black Mountain), Georgia (12th-13th c.); Saint Eulogius of Salosi, Georgia, (Eulogius the Prophet), Fool-for-Christ (12th-13th c.); Martyr Abraham of Bulgaria, on the Volga, Wonderworker of Vladimir (1229); Saint Gerontius of the Kiev Caves, Canonarch of the Kiev Caves (14th c.); Saint Euthymius the Wonderworker, Archimandrite of Suzdal (1404); Saint Pachomius (Romansky) of the Kyiv Caves, Bishop (1724); Saint Barsanuphius of Optina, Elder (1913); Hieromartyr Joachim (Levitsky) of Kyiv, Archbishop of Nizhny Novgorod, crucified upside down at Sevastopol (1921); New martyr Michael (Misha), Fool-for-Christ (1931); New Hieromartyr Sergius (Zavarin), Priest, new martyr of Yaroslavl-Rostov (1938); New Hieromartyr Schema-bishop Macarius, of St. Macarius the Roman Monastery, near Lezna (1944).