Talk:St. George Free Serbian Orthodox Church (Forrest, Australian Capital Territory)
ok, if you think that it's inappropriate I have deleted my post. Secondly, I don't know how to sign the comment, I am new to this ( I wasn't hiding my identity - there were no bad intentions)
This is a DISCUSSION page, and I expressed my opinion about the section which relates to the fact that this church is seeking recognition outside the Serbian Church. If you don't want comments here, or you want them written in a way you like it, I wont discuss anything anymore, enjoy your page!
"I highly doubt that the wording expressed here will win anyone back to the Orthodox Church" - OK, I highly doubt that you understood the essence of my comment which was in Serbian.
- [reply to deleted comment]
- First, please remember to sign your posts with four tilde's (~~~~).
- Second, it is very difficult to communicate with your fellow editors on the English OrthodoxWiki if you do not speak English.
- Third, judging by the translation available at [translate.google.com], your comment is inappropriate for OrthodoxWiki. It is very appropriate, given the tone, for a blog, and I believe that there are many of these blogs available, a couple specifically geared for the various problems in the Serbian Orthodox Diocese in Australia. It may also be appropriate for direct communication with the parish, but I highly doubt that the wording expressed here will win anyone back to the Orthodox Church. — by Pιsτévο talk complaints at 10:15, February 21, 2010 (UTC)
- [reply to subsequent comment]
- It's a discussion page about the article itself - such as, how can the article be improved. This is an encyclopedia, it's neither discussion forum nor chatroom.
- Your comment was mostly about ethnicity with a tangential lunge towards Church history. It's not the best argument to attract people back to an institution which exists to bring people to Christ (Who your post did not mention). — by Pιsτévο talk complaints at 10:45, February 21, 2010 (UTC).
The section "Serbian Patriarchate (1992-2008)" could perhaps say " Serbian Patriarchate (1992-Present)" that's how you can improve the page itself. You wrote "which exists to bring people to Christ (Who your post did not mention). " Are you telling me what to write? M.Erac
- It could, but it shouldn't - the page is about the parish's history, and it left the Church of Serbia around 2008, joining the Holy Synod in Resistance (under Bishop Chrysostomos of Sydney).
- I'm more pointing out that telling people to come back to the Church without mentioning Christ is probably not going to work (not in the long run, anyway). You can take the advice or leave it, it was a tangent away from my central point of 'not appropriate for an encyclopedia', and I shan't bring it up again on the talk page about this parish.