Difference between revisions of "Talk:Popovtsy"
Latest revision as of 10:13, September 7, 2006
- Who are nikonitans?
- Those following the Nikonian reforms.
- Is myrrhon the same as myrrh?
- Yes. Chrism, specifically.
- Popovtsy do, up to this day, receive "nikonitans" who have been properly baptized with myrrhon, whereas the priestless always baptize converts including Popovtsy. -- What does priestless mean here? Bespopovtsy? (cf. Old Believers)
--magda 14:28, 22 Apr 2005 (CDT)
- Yes, the Bespopovtsy, which literally means "priestless." --Rdr. Andrew 14:30, 22 Apr 2005 (CDT)