Talk:Panachrantos Monastery (Andros, Greece)
I restored the citation for this monastery having possession of St. Panteleimon's skull as there are other sources which say his skull is located in his monastery on Mount Athos. —magda (talk) 21:21, July 1, 2008 (UTC)
- You have every right to change it but the skull is in Andros and my source for this information was not internet based ... I dont believe everything has to be sourced from the internet for it to be viable. - Vasiliki 22:45, July 1, 2008 (UTC)
- However, since this site requires 'internet' sources to make something a fact, then the Website of the Metropolis of .... and Andros clearly states (in Greek) that the the skull of St. Panteleimon is at the Panachrantos Monastery, quote from site: εις την Ιεράν Μονή Παναχράντου. Η Ιερά Μονή αυτή ευρίσκεται άνωθεν του χωρίου Φάλικα (Πέρα Χωριά) και εκεί ευρίσκεται η Χαριτόβρυτος και Μυρόβλητος Τιμία Κάρα του Αγίου Ενδόξου Μεγαλομάρτυρος και Ιαματικού Παντελεήμονος
- I hope that an official statement from a Church of Greece website is enough to satisfy that the skull IS on Andros and not on Mount Athos ... infact, at Mount Athos is the miracle working ICON of Panteleimon, and I know this because I am good friends with the monk who resides at this monastery; who visits us every second year in Australia - besides, my dad visited him a few years ago (the monk that is) and we were given an identical image of this miraculous icon ... he has such a cute and cheeky face!! (the saint that is) ...I think that both articles need to be rephrased to mark this distinction and mistake by other websites.
- BTW, thanks for linking the Indigo Guide Travel Companion, I now have another source to help me find hotels in Greece for when I go in September. - 22:58, July 1, 2008 (UTC)
- You write: "this site requires 'internet' sources to make something a fact."