Talk:Orthodoxy in the Philippines
"clandestine and cultic"
This language is pretty strong -- maybe it would be helpful to have more identification here -- what are these groups like, what are they called? "Clandestine and cultic" should have some documentation to fill it out, otherwise this language is just regarded as personal opinion. — FrJohn (talk)
"clandestine and cultic"
Dear Father John, The online dictionary defined the word clandestine as "existing or operating in a way so as to ensure complete concealment and confidentiality" (). The American Heritage Dictionary defined the word cult as "a religion or religious sect generally considered to be extremist or false, with its followers often living in an unconventional manner under the guidance of an authoritarian, charismatic leader. The followers of such a religion or sect. Listed below are registered churches in the Philippines claiming to be "Orthodox". No other information can be obtained from the internet except the name of their church. I have talked with some members and clergymen of these "orthodox" groups years back while I was searchin for the true Orthodox Church and I found out that they professed the Hindu, Buddhist and "New Age" doctrine of Karma and Reincarnation. They also believed in "mediums" (i.e., Christ, God the Father, the Holy Spirit, the Theotokos, the Child Jesus etc. possesing their spiritual leaders (priests and bishops) thereby receiving from them the power to heal, prophesy etc.).
1. ARCHBISHOP ISAAC NEE DANIEL L. GOROSPE EASTERN ORTHODOX CATHOLIC MISSION CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST, INC.
2. ARCHBISHOP JAMES NEE LEON C. CACHERO JR. INTL. ORTHODOX CHRISTIAN CATHOLIC CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST IS LORD, INC.
3. ARCHBISHOP PATRIARCH ABRAHAM JOHN PAUL I NEE ARTEMIO FRANCISCO.
4. PAULINO CANETE-PINERO D.D. OF THE ORTHODOX MISSIONARY FATHERS.
5. BISHOP OF LOS BANOS OF THE ORTHODOX CATHOLIC CHURCH INC.
6. BISHOP PRIMATE OF THE ORTHODOX CATHOLIC CHURCH INC.
7. BISHOP UNITED ORTHODOX APOSTOLIC EASTERN CHURCH, INC.
8. CONGREGATION OF ORTHODOX CATHOLIC MISSIONARIES INC.
9. DIOCESAN BISHOP OF THE ORTHODOX CATHOLIC CANONICAL DIOCESE OF THE PHILS. INC.
10. DIVINE ORTHODOX CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST INC.
11. FAR EAST ORTHODOX CATHOLIC CHURCH INC.
12. GOVERNING HIERARCH OF THE ASIAN ORTHODOX CATHOLIC CHURCH INC.
13. HOLY ORTHODOX CATHOLIC APOSTOLIC CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST INC.
14. KATHOLIKOS ARCHIEREUS OF ORTHODOX CATHOLIC CHURCH ORD. IN PHILS.
15. ORTHODOX CATHOLIC CHURCH OF AMERICAS & ASIA INC.
16. ORTHODOX CATHOLIC MISSION INCORPORATED
17. ORTHODOX CHURCH IN THE PHILIPPINES, INC.
18. PHIL. ORTHODOX CATHOLIC CHURCH INC.
19. PHIL. PATRIARCH OF THE HOLY ORTHODOX CATHOLIC APOSTOLIC CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST INC.
20. PRESIDING PRESBYTER OF THE ORTHODOX CHURCH IN THE PHILS. INC.
21. PRIMATE OF THE ORTHODOX CATHOLIC CHURCH INC.
22. SAN AGUSTIN III (DASMARINAS CAVITE) RESIDENTS & MEMBERS OF INTL. ORTHODOX CHRISTIAN CATHOLIC CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST IS LORD.
23. SOVEREIGN ORDER OF THE ORTHODOX HOSPITALLERS OF ST. JOHN.
24. ST. FRANCIS OF ASSISI ORTHODOX CATHOLIC CHURCH, INC.
25. UNITED ORTHODOX CHRISTIAN CHURCH OF GOD IN THE PHILS., INC.
26. WESTERN AND EASTERN ORTHODOX CATHOLIC APOSTOLIC CHURCH MISSIONARIES SOCIETY INC.
27. WESTERN ORTHODOX CATHOLIC CHURCH IN THE PHILS., INC.
Source: The Philippine Securities and Exchange Commission 
There are other unregistered clandestine and cultic "churches" claiming to be orthodox which are not included in the above list.
Father, since you find the language "pretty strong" please provide a more appropriate alternative. Thank you very much.
Filipino 21:27, June 7, 2007 (PDT)