Talk:Orthodoxy in Hawaii
Archived discussion: /Jurisdictionalism and Hawaii
Nectarios, I'm not clear why you are trying to remove the association of this Russian community with ROCOR. it appears to me that you are trying to shape the article to assert that ROCOR has an exclusive canonical claim to the Hawaiian Islands. Can you be more clear about why you're making these edits?
From an OCA point of view, Hawaii is part of North America, which constitutes is proper canonical territory, following the tomos from Moscow. I don't think this is a terribly helpful or productive battle to fight though -- we must all recognize the reality of the historical situation in America (and all the "diaspora" lands) , with all of its opportunities and challenges. Ideally, there would be a united Orthodox church in these regions, but I don't think this will happen anytime soon. I agree we need to keep proper canonical order in mind, but it shouldn't be a stick with which we beat each other with - rather, something we work towards in charity and brotherhood. — FrJohn (talk)
- 1. Who's making personal attacks?
- 2. FrJohn is the chief site administrator and deals with issues regarding the administrators.
- 3. You can complain to any of the admins, though FrJohn is the top dog. —Fr. Andrew talk contribs 13:41, May 31, 2007 (PDT)
So basically you're saying that this place has no authority, you're just running around un-regulated? --Truemarc 13:42, May 31, 2007 (PDT)
- Authority on OrthodoxWiki is the team of admins, presided over by FrJohn, who founded and runs the site. Be sure to read the various links regarding OrthodoxWiki included in the welcome message on your talk page. —Fr. Andrew talk contribs 13:46, May 31, 2007 (PDT)
Which Hierarch guides this site??
According to Church canon law, the hierarchs have final say on anything a priest does. So what you're saying Fr. Andrew, is that no Orthodox bishop has control over this site? A site which clearly deals with Orthodoxy and it's "image" to the world?? Perhaps Vladika Job would like to hear how his priests are running around un-supervised. Truemarc 13:47, May 31, 2007 (PDT)
- I encourage you to read the FAQ linked to on your talk page, which answers many of your questions. I'm also fairly sure that Abp. Job would be proud of the fine work Fr. John has been doing here for nearly three years, but I also imagine that the latter wouldn't mind if you contacted the former to discuss it with him! But of course Fr. John can speak for himself on this matter. —Fr. Andrew talk contribs 13:52, May 31, 2007 (PDT)