Talk:Orthodox Metropolitanate of Hong Kong and Southeast Asia
- OMHKSEA ORDINANCE Section VII
- Administration of the Metropolitan Archdiocese
- IV. When the Metropolitan is absent from the region or ill or not able to perform his administrative and spiritual responsibilities, the Chancellor of the Metropolitan Archdiocese shall perform all necessary duties on his behalf.
See: Orthodox Metropolitanate of Hong Kong and South East Asia Ordinance. Section VII, Article IV --Filipino 09:22, June 12, 2007 (PDT)
In March of 2007, Metropolitan Nikitas was appointed Director of the Patriarch Athenagoras Orthodox Institute and has relocated to California. See http://www.orthodoxinstitute.org/metropolitannikitasbio.html and also the Press Release at http://www.orthodoxinstitute.org/files/NikitasRelease.doc —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Stmitrophan (talk • contribs) . On August 29, 2007, the Ecumenical Patriarchate website at http://www.ec-patr.org/docdisplay.php?lang=en&id=814&tla=gr announced: μέν Σεβ. Μητροπολίτης Χόνγκ – Κόνγκ κ. Νικήτας μετετέθη εἰς τήν Ἱεράν Μητρόπολιν Δαρδανελλίων,
- Why write "VACANT"? Who told you so? This is an undocumented claim. There is no official announcement yet coming from the Office of the Ecumenical Patriarchate that the Episcopal seat of OMHKSEA is "VACANT". Let us wait for further OFFICIAL announcement before jumping into conclusion based on CONJECTURES and bad RUMORS.
- -Filipino at 11:35, May 30, 2006
- John, you're right that perhaps another bishop will seamlessly be consecrated (or moved) to fill the spot. Maybe there is a difference here in the use of terms -- "vacant" as a formal and canonical description and "vacant" simply meaning "there is no current bishop appointed." I assume the term was meant here more casually? — FrJohn (talk)
- The allegation that the Episcopal seat of the Metropolitanate of Hong Kong and South East Asia is "VACANT" was not merely "a comment on a talk page". This rumor was "incorporated" into the OMHKSEA Wiki article by Wiki User Marcus last May 2007 and he wrote:
- "The Episcopacy is currently vacant as of March, 2007 and may be abolished pending the decision of the Holy and Sacred Synod of Constantinople." -
- Please see: User MARCUS Revision in OMHKSEA "Episcopacy" on May 04, 2007 .
- The readers are hereby warned regarding statements posted here by the said user.
- --Filipino 20:44, July 7, 2007 (PDT)
This section is usually for the bishop of a particular see. However, this metropolis has so many exarchates that I thought it best to include the chief priests for each exarchate. This does not mean, however, that every priest should be listed - this should be done in on the OMHKSEA website, or at the most (and the need is very dubious), in its own article. — edited by Pιsτévο at 23:19, July 15, 2006 (CDT)
Holy Metropolis of Singapore
The listing of exarchate for this metropolis may have to change to reflect a new metropolis based in Singapore. I don't know of official press release, but the following Greek article was posted at http://ecclesianet.blogspot.com/2008/01/blog-post_4141.html - User:stmitrophan
- A lot of things will have to change, but they'd have to be changed by someone whos Greek is better than mine :) — edited by Pιsτévο talk complaints at 23:03, January 11, 2008 (PST)
See English translation of Announcement from the Top Secretariat of the Holy and Sacred Synod at http://orthodox.cn/contemporary/20080109epsynod_en.htm - User:stmitrophan