Difference between revisions of "Talk:Metropolis of Mexico (Ecumenical Patriarchate)"
(title of article)
m (Talk:Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Mexico, Central America, Columbia, Venezuela, and the Caribbean Islands moved to Talk:Metropolis of Mexico (Ecumenical Patriarchate): see talk page)
Latest revision as of 11:06, June 4, 2011
Title of Article
Greetings. I would like to suggest perhaps shortening the title of this article to "Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Mexico (Central America)."
The homepage for the Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Toronto formally uses the title "Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Toronto (Canada)", and I have seen references in the past to the Mexican Metropolis following the same naming format, i.e. "Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Mexico (Central America)."
Wikipedia uses the following convention however: Greek Orthodox "Metropolis of Mexico and Exarchate of All Central America and the Caribbean".
Not sure which is best, as the Metropolis' homepage is not up yet so as to verify the official name.
Cheers, Angellight 888 19:49, December 11, 2010 (UTC)
- In principle I agree. I think, in general, the title should characterize the official titles, but I find that sometimes the "official" organizations seem to vary titles enough to be confusing, particularly in the seeming interchange of use of bishoprics, dioceses, eparchy, metropolis/metropolia, etc.! But, for Orthodoxwiki perhaps a "semi-offlcial" title is okay for the few really long titles, like this one. Wsk 20:16, December 11, 2010 (UTC)
- Following-on to this discussion of the article title of the metropolis: Noting that the official title for the metropolis used in its own web site is "Metropolis of Mexico", it seems the title of this article should also be the same. Wsk 21:13, December 21, 2010 (UTC)
- Agreed. The Metropolis' own website names it "Orthodox Metropolis of Mexico (Ecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople)". Will rename the article to reflect this.
- (Simply to make a historical note however, in the past, the Metropolis has been variously called: 1) on the OCA website - "Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Central America", and 2) in a WCC Newsletter of 2004 - the "Greek Orthodox Metropolis Panama and Central America".)
- Angellight 888 11:04, June 4, 2011 (UTC)
Columbia ? I thought that the correct name of the South American country is Colombia. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colombia