Difference between revisions of "Talk:List of seminaries and theological schools"
m (fixing broken sig (and other minor fixes) Ⓣ)
m (Talk:Seminaries and Theological Schools moved to Talk:List of seminaries and theological schools: standardizing name)
Latest revision as of 15:21, March 14, 2007
based on information at the end of this site, and moreso on this site, St Elias is an old-calendarist school of theology. perhaps it would be confusing to have it stay as it is? Pistevo 21:31, 16 Aug 2005 (EDT)
- Perhaps it would be a good idea to add a line for each school concerning jurisdiction? [[User:Magda|—magda (talk)]] 09:16, 17 Aug 2005 (EDT)
- I am somewhat confused. The webpage of the Pope Shenouda III Coptic Orthodox Theological Seminary says that "He established a school in the cities of New Jersey and Los Angeles." I don't know where New Jersey comes into the picture. It is only mentioned once on the pages; the only other location references are to California.
- I knew someone who was studying there in New Jersey. My impression was that it is a very small operation, and that things happen on a very personal basis. I suppose it hasn't been "institutionalized" too much.Fr. John
- Also, I liked having the clear distinction between Chalcedonian and non-Chalcedonian. Is there another way to do that? For people unfamiliar with which jurisdictions are in communion with each other, the current format is quite confusing. [[User:Magda|—magda (talk)]] 23:22, 17 Aug 2005 (EDT)
- fair enough, but how many categories should we have? should we have a categories for normal-chalcedonian, non-chalcedonian, old-calendarist? Pistevo
Redirect from Seminary
I thought it would be nice to have the redirect from seminary to this page as it is, but if/when we have an encyclopedic article, we can change it at that time. [[User:Magda|—magda (talk)]] 13:45, 17 Aug 2005 (EDT)