Talk:List of parishes in New South Wales
For lack of a better place to ask: I would have assumed that Met. Kyrill of Smolensk would qualify as being an exarch (in a similar way to Met Nicolae of Banat for the Romanians)...? — Pιsτévο, at 02:27, May 28, 2006 (CDT)
- Exarch is a title specifically given, rather than simply a functional role. —Dcn. Andrew talk random contribs 04:50, May 28, 2006 (CDT)
- These parishes answer directly to the Holy Synod of the Moscow Patriarchate through Met Kyrill. Decisions concerning these parishes are made by the Holy Synod and recorded in the Holy Synod minutes, accessible on Moscow's Sedmitsa website. The Metropolitan of Belarus, for instance, is an Exarch in name and function. But Met Kyrill is neither an Exarch in name nor function. He does not make the decisions concerning these parishes. The Patriarchate does.
- chrisg :)~ 2006-05-28-2334 EAST
How come those Newcastle parishes got deleted? chrisg :)~ 2006-05-28-2337 EAST
- In the comment, I noted a strict MCB in directories. Because of the nature of both this encyclopedia, and the people for whom it is going to be most productive, it does not benefit to place caveats and such all over the article. — Pιsτévο, at 16:12, May 28, 2006 (CDT); later edited at 16:56, May 28, 2006 (CDT).
The Romanian priest Rev Fr Dimitru Coman in Melbourne is a presbyter who is the vicar in Australia of the Patriarch of Romania. He is not a bishop. This latest alteration by Wsk is incorrect. Chrisg 18:11, March 17, 2007 (PDT)
Sorting by jurisdiction is exactly what I wanted to avoid when creating these articles. There is no purpose to it whatsoever. Parish listings are available on the internet, and even on other parts of OW. The purpose to sorting by postcode is so that people can go to a parish that is close to them, not so that they can first figure out what a jurisdiction is. Moreover, each listing - Australia and America - is based on geographic area, not on jurisdiction. — edited by Pιsτévο talk complaints at 14:27, March 28, 2007 (PDT)
- Agreed. Sorting by jurisdiction is not the way to go.Paterakis 16:47, March 28, 2007 (PDT)
- Where then in Sydney are these suburbs starting with 1xxx? Chrisg 19:32, March 28, 2007 (PDT)
- Pymble, apparently - on the Northern suburbs. According to orthodoxresources.org, it's 2073 or 2075 (don't remember which), not 16xx at all. Similar situation used to exist with Sts Michael and Gabriel - I'm not sure how that postcode was seen, and agree that it made no sense, but it's been corrected now. — edited by Pιsτévο talk complaints at 01:48, March 29, 2007 (PDT)