Difference between revisions of "Talk:Book of Revelation"
|Line 26:||Line 26:|
== Intro ==
== Intro ==
Latest revision as of 21:44, November 30, 2005
This page needs a lot of work
I fleshed out what I could, and provided a little info, but we really need some good, scholarly stuff, though I think we might want to avoid conjecture as much as possible, other than in the titles for such.
Well, fix my mistakes, I am proud, but I'll try to fight it down, Father. Aindriahhn 17:31, November 21, 2005 (CST)
- Don't take it personally Aindriahhn! We're all here to support each other to try to make this the best wiki we can! Fr. John
|Books of the Bible|
That's interesting, but it could be a problem if used here. The order of the books in the canon actually varies within even Chalcedonian Orthodoxy. —Fr. Andrew talk contribs (THINK!) 15:44, November 30, 2005 (CST)
The intro to this article needs to answer in its first sentence the question, "What is the Book of Revelation?" We have a number of articles with these bits of commentary beginning the article, but that isn't suitable to an encyclopedia article. —Fr. Andrew talk contribs (THINK!) 07:37, November 25, 2005 (CST)
- I've just added some extra information/material (e.g., Elijah and Enoch, the AmTract section and ext. links), which I thought might be useful in revising and expanding this article. User:Aindriahhn has kindly started the Book of Revelation entry few days ago, and I didn't want to mess up their original structuring of the article/plans of expanding it later on. In fact, in the Coptic Church, we would never consider any part of the Bible to be "spiritually dangerous" per se... (as the article currently reads, "it is certainly spiritually dangerous to try to read too deeply into it...") Also every year, on the night of Good Friday/Saturday of Delight (Light), the whole Book of Revelation is read aloud in every Coptic Orthodox Church around the world (see  under 'Holy Week').
- The answer to your question "What is the Book of Revelation?" can be (partly) found in Book_of_Revelation#Additional_notes_on_the_Apocalypse_from_the_American_Tract_Society_Bible_Dictionary.
- Thanks and God bless. --Arbible 10:03, November 25, 2005 (CST)
- I was, of course, refering to the danger of prelest that can come out of trying to draw meaning personally out of the Bible rather than looking at it from the perspective of Holy Tradition.
- Hmmmm... seems you might be right, threw in a brief intro.