Talk:Antiochian Orthodox Christian Archdiocese of North America
Western Rite Numbers
The article says: The Archdiocese also includes the Western Rite Vicariate, a group of about 20 parishes including roughly 10,000 faithful ...
Can this be right? Do Western Rite parishes average 500 souls each? I would be surpried. --DcnDavid 01:12, 1 Mar 2005 (CST)
- Now I don't remember where I got that figure. I do remember "reading it somewhere," though, but you're right—it does seem a bit off. --Rdr. Andrew 07:20, 1 Mar 2005 (CST)
Use of Template?
Anyone else bugged by the use of the Template:Church in this article? The AA isn't a Church, but an archdiocese of a Church. Its status of "self-ruled" doesn't fit within the categories of "Autonomy" and "Autocephaly." It seems to me that these should be "N/A", just as the GOA is. -—Dcn. David talk contribs
- It seems to be getting used for dioceses and archdioceses, too. Perhaps we should create a separate one for such entities. In any event, I'm not sure if there is any way of defining "self-rule" in a general way. It's certainly not the same as autonomy and autocephaly, but it's also not just the "normal" diocesan arrangement, either.
- What do you think—should we make a separate template for dioceses? —Dcn. Andrew talk random contribs 21:44, 21 Jul 2005 (EDT)
- i think so. no other ideas (ie on how it would look), but i think that would be best. Pistevo 23:41, 21 Jul 2005 (EDT)
- Okay, there is now a Template:Diocese for everyone's use. You can see the example in this article. —Dcn. Andrew talk random contribs 08:42, 22 Jul 2005 (EDT)
Figures for LA diocese
The dispute is not regarding how many parishes there actually are, but rather how the numbers are presented. That is, with the edits recently made, it appears that the figures given in the Nov. '05 Word are different than what was actually published. I've edited the article to reflect this disparity. —Dcn. Andrew talk random contribs 20:06, June 29, 2006 (CDT)