I think it's worth leaving in the fact that Clendenin knows what he's talking about more than most of the other writers linked here. -FrJohn
- Agreed. I'm gonna "scholarize" the lingo a bit, then. --Rdr. Andrew
- Great! FrJohn
Can anyone find a page in which to insert a link to this article? At the moment it exists in isolation... --Matrona 11:19, 14 Oct 2005 (EDT)
I gather these have been resolved by official Eastern Orthodox Chuch hierarchy over a decade ago. I am offended seeing the Coptic Orthodox Church listed as Anti-Orthodox under this category. For your information, we are a Church of martyrs up to this day: http://www.int.iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=1&click_id=85&art_id=qw1129782066324B221 (Coptic nun stabbed in chest)
http://www.adnki.com/index_2Level.php?cat=Religion&loid=8.0.220123440&par=0 (Muslim mobs (>5,000) are right now surrounding the church and the situation is out of control)
http://www.copts.net/detail.asp?id=795 (Reuters - latest 21/10/05)
http://www.copts.net/detail.asp?id=796 (BREAKING NEWS: 10,000 LAY VIOLENT SIEGE TO COPTIC CHURCH - 21/10/05)
I think we should now concentrate on praying for the persecuted Church around the world rather than on our Christological "differences"!
- I am removing this section/sub-heading, as there are no links or other information. Any links or other information which may come up might better be structured under Oriental Orthodox, or another page relating to the differences between Chalcedonian and Non-Chalcedonian congregations (for instance, Christology or Council of Chalcedon). Arbible, it might be a good idea to think of this inclusion as an honest mistake, i.e., give the benefit of a doubt, rather than a signal of "fighting." [[User:Magda|—magda (talk)]] 11:40, 21 Oct 2005 (EDT)
- Thank you v much - God Bless+++
- I most certainly did NOT list the Coptic religion as "anti-Orthodox". I merely provided a category where information on and links to non-Chalcedonian polemics could be added. I would appreciate it if the category was added back. --Matrona 13:30, 21 Oct 2005 (EDT)
- One more - for prayers:
- Riots still continuing now - 8:00 PM local time (resumed after 'iftar' - Ramadan's fast break). Tens confirmed wounded including 20 police officers. Perhaps we should have an OrthodoxWiki article about Church/Christians' persecution throughout the ages since the Roman times of Sts. Perpetua and Felicita  and others, Nero and Diocletian's eras, etc., and up to modern times, including communist Russia and China, and Islamic Egypt (since 641 A.D.). In fact our Coptic calendar is the calendar of martyrs. Coptic years are counted from 284 A.D., the year Diocletian became Roman Emperor, whose reign was marked by tortures and mass executions of Christians, especially in Egypt. Hence, the Coptic year is identified by the abbreviation A.M. (for Anno Martyrum or "Year of the Martyrs") .
- II Kings 6:16,17 And he answered, Fear not: for they that be with us are more than they that be with them. And Elisha prayed, and said, LORD, I pray thee, open his eyes, that he may see. And the LORD opened the eyes of the young man; and he saw: and, behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire round about Elisha.
- Video of some of today's riots:
They have caused lots of damage... Many wounded and Friday evening Church services in all of Alexandria have been suspended.
Please keep us in your prayers.