Difference between revisions of "Sunday of St. John Climacus"
m (couple commas)
m (interwiki fr)
|(One intermediate revision by one other user not shown)|
|Line 21:||Line 21:|
Latest revision as of 12:44, February 27, 2011
Each of the Sundays of Great Lent has a special theme. This Sunday’s theme is St John’s witness to the real spiritual struggle needed for entrance into God's Kingdom. It also is encouragement for the faithful to keep the goal of their Lenten efforts, for according to the Lord, only "he who endures to the end will be saved" (Mt 24:13).
Troparion (Tone 1)
- Dweller of the desert and angel in the body,
- You were shown to be a wonder-worker, our God-bearing Father John.
- You received heavenly gifts through fasting, vigil, and prayer:
- Healing the sick and the souls of those drawn to you by faith.
- Glory to Him who gave you strength!
- Glory to Him who granted you a crown!
- Glory to Him who through you grants healing to all!
Kontakion (Tone 4)
- The Lord truly set you on the heights of abstinence,
- To be a guiding star, showing the way to the universe,
- O our Father and Teacher John.