Statistics of Orthodoxy in Australia
|This article forms part of the series|
|Orthodoxy in Australia Timeline |
Orthodoxy in New Zealand Timeline
Gk Orthodox Archd. of ANZ
|GOA Aus - Abp Stylianos|
Antiochian - Met Abp Paul
ROCOR - Met Hilarion
Serbian - Bp Irinej
Romanian - Bp Michael
GOM NZ - Met Amphilochios
| Episcopal Assembly of Oceania|
| Antiochian Orthodox |
Greek Orthodox (Aus)
O.L. of Kazan
|Proph. Elias |
St John Mtn
St Sava (Elaine)
|Edit this box|
This article seeks to compile the statistics of the Orthodox Church in Australia into a single place.
- Number of Orthodox in Australia: 529 444, or 2.82% of Australia's population.
There are difficulties with using the Australian census as defining how many Orthodox are of various nationalities, as Greek Orthodox was a box able to be ticked, whereas to be included in any other jurisdiction required writing in the name.
- Albanian Orthodox: 159
- Antiochian Orthodox: 7 525
- Greek Orthodox: 402 997
- Romanian Orthodox: 1 471
- Russian Orthodox: 18506
- Serbian Orthodox: 42405
- Unspecified Orthodox: 38 441
- Total number of monastic communities in Australia: 16 Monastic Communities.
- Male Monasteries: 9 cenobitic monasteries, with 1 skete. ~19 monks living in the monasteries.
- Female Monasteries: 5 cenobitic monasteries, with 1 skete. ~24 nuns living in the monasteries.
- ROCOR Monasteries: 7 communities; 4 male monasteries and 1 male skete (total of ~9 monks), 2 female (total ~10 nuns).
- GOA Monasteries: 5 communities; 3 male monasteries (total ~8 monks), 2 female (total ~11 nuns)
- Serbian Monasteries: 3 communities; 2 male monasteries, 1 female skete.
- Antiochian Monasteries: 1 female monastery (total ~1 nun).