St Stephen Monastery (Meteora)
The St Stephen Monastery or Agios Stefanos Monastery at Meteora is a female monastery in the complex of six monasteries at Meteora, Greece.
The original church of the monastery, dedicated to St Stefanos, was built in the sixteenth century. The church has a timbered roof and is decorated with wall paintings done in 1545 by the priest Ioannis from Stagoi.
The monastery was built on the plain of Meteora and not on a pinnacle and was damaged and abandoned during World War II. A number of nuns took possession of the facilities and rebuilt the monastery.