Open main menu
← Older edit
Newer edit →
2,337 bytes added
07:28, May 24, 2006
[http://tasbeha.org/content/hh_books/jehovwit/index.html Online book: '''''The Heresy of Jehovah's Witnesses''''' by H.H. Pope Shenouda III of the Coptic Orthodox Church]
Charles Taze Russell was a liberal Christian who denied hell and the deity of Christ as well as the Trinity.
He was also known to openly espouse Arius and his heresies. In one of his books, Russell openly calls Arius the sixth angel in Revelation and himself as the seventh angel based on the messages from Christ to the angels of the 7 churches.
The New World Translation deliberately is at variance with the King James Bible, which we as Orthodox revere as being based on the Byzantine Greek text as opposed to the Greek of the Sinaiticus and Vaticanus, which were rejected by most of the Church in the beginning until the theories of rationalism became popular.
Check these verses out and contrast them.
1)John 1:1 (KJV) and John 1:1 (NWT). NWT negates deity of Christ deliberately by adding "a god" to replace "God" when it came to the Word being God.
2) John 8:24, 58 (KJV) to John 8:24, 58 (NWT). NWT negates Christ's deity again by removing the phrases: "I am" (the exclusive name for God) to "I have been"
3) Acts 20:28 (KJV) and Acts 20:28 (NWT). NWT tries to separate God from Christ by adding "Church of God which he has purchased through the blood of His Son" instead of the correct reading: "Church of God which he hath purchased through His own blood". Note that God has blood! Christ is God!
4) Hebrews 1:6, 8 (KJV) to Hebrews 1:6, 8 (NWT) NWT deliberately changes any notion of deity by removing the word 'worship' and substituting 'do obeisance to' in v6 and instead of having the Father addressing the Son in v8 as "Thy throne, O God...", it has changed the wording to: "God is thy throne".
5) I Timothy 3:16 (KJV) to I Timothy 3:16 (NWT) NWT has removed the word "God" from "God was manifest in the flesh" and substituted: "Who". This is a deliberate attempt to negate deity.
6) I John 5:7 (KJV) to I John 5:7 (NWT) Like all the other false bibles, NWT removes the whole verse which states clearly that there are three that bear record in heaven: The Father, The Word and the Holy Ghost and these three are one. NWT like the other perversions removes the whole verse and substitutes part of verse 6 and verse 8 into it.
7) Ephesians 3:9 (KJV) to Ephesians 3:9 (NWT) NWT has removed the whole phrase that clearly teaches that the world was created by Jesus Christ, thus trying to remove his role as Creator.
Retrieved from "