Serbian Orthodox Metropolitanate of Australia and New Zealand
|Serbian Orthodox Diocese in Australia and New Zealand and Serbian Orthodox Diocese of Australia and New Zealand, New Gracanica Metropolitanate|
|Jurisdiction||Church of Serbia|
|See(s)||Canberra & Elaine|
|Headquarters||Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia|
|Territory||Australia, New Zealand|
|Liturgical language(s)||Slavonic, Serbian, English|
|Musical tradition||Serbian Chant|
|Official website||Dioceses of Aust. & NZ|
The Serbian Orthodox Church in Australia and New Zealand, headquartered in Canberra and Elaine, is the descriptive term of two parallel dioceses in Australia and New Zealand: the "Serbian Orthodox Diocese of Australia and New Zealand"; and the former schismatic (raskolnicka) "Serbian Orthodox Diocese of Australia and New Zealand, New Gracanica Metropolitanate". Bishop Milutin is the current hierarch of the New Gracanica diocese, and administers the patriarchal diocese. Since 1992, both dioceses fall under the juristiction of the Patriarchate of Serbia.
The Serbian Orthodox Church in Australia and New Zealand is two parallel dioceses in the one geographical territory of Australia and New Zealand, both under the one bishop. Currently there are 41 parishes in Australia and New Zealand, with two monasteries and one skete.
The Serbian Orthodox Church in Australia and New Zealand was a founding member of SCCOCA.
- Monastery of Saint Sava "New Kalenic" Canberra, Australia. Bishop's residence.
- Monastery of Saint Sava, Elaine, Victoria. Headed by Archimandrite Fr. Theodore.
- Skit Rodjenje Presvete Bogorodice, Inglewood, South Australia. Headed by Abbess Mother Anastasia
|This article forms part of the series|
|Orthodoxy in Australia Timeline |
Orthodoxy in New Zealand Timeline
Gk Orthodox Archd. of ANZ
|GOA Aus - Abp Stylianos|
Antiochian - Archim. Basil (Patr. Vicar)
ROCOR - Met Hilarion
Serbian - Bp Irinej
Romanian - Bp Michael
GOM NZ - Met Amphilochios
| Episcopal Assembly of Oceania|
| Antiochian Orthodox |
Greek Orthodox (Aus)
O.L. of Kazan
|Proph. Elias |
St John Mtn
St Sava (Elaine)
|Edit this box|
- Bishop Milutin (Knezevic) of Australia and New Zealand.
Patriarchal (Federal) Hierarchs in Australia
- Bishop Lavrentije (Trifunovic) of Western Europe, Australia and New Zealand (196?-1974)
- Bishop Nikolai (Mrdja) of Australia and New Zealand, 1974-19??
- Bishop Vasilije (Vadic) of Australia and New Zealand, 198?-1986.
- Bishop Longin (Krco) of Australia and New Zealand, 1986-1992
- Bishop Luka of Australia and New Zealand, 1993-1999. (,)
- Bishop Sava of Australia and New Zealand (New Gracanica Metropolitanate), 199x-1999. (present in 1996)
- Bishop Nikanor (Bogunovic) of Australia and New Zealand, ~2000-2003. ()
- Bishop Milutin (Knezevic) of Australia and New Zealand, 2003-present.
Free (Raskolnik) (1963-1992)/ New Gracanica Bishops (1992-2000)
The heads of the schismatic (rasolnik) group were Bishop Dionisije (until his death), and Metropolitan Irinej (until reunification with the Patriarchate in 1992)
- Bishop Dionisije of America and Canada (1963-19??)
- Bishop Dimitrije (Balac) of America and Canada (19??-19??)
- Bishop Petar (Bankerovic) of Australia and New Zealand (198?-1988)
- Bishop Vasilije (Veinovic) (198?-1993)
- Bishop Sava (Juric) (1993-1999)