Difference between revisions of "School of Byzantine Music (SAGOTC)"
|(2 intermediate revisions by 2 users not shown)|
Latest revision as of 13:12, June 10, 2008
|This article forms part of the series|
|Orthodoxy in Australia Timeline |
Orthodoxy in New Zealand Timeline
Gk Orthodox Archd. of ANZ
|GOA Aus - Abp Makarios|
Antiochian - Metr. Basil
ROCOR - Met Hilarion
Serbian - Bp Irinej
Romanian - Bp Michael
GOM NZ - Met Myron
| Episcopal Assembly of Oceania|
| Antiochian Orthodox |
Greek Orthodox (Aus)
O.L. of Kazan
|Proph. Elias |
St John Mtn
St Sava (Elaine)
|Edit this box|
The Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of Australia School of Byzantine Music is under the auspices of St Andrew's Greek Orthodox Theological College. It began in 2005.
The School of Byzantine Music is one of the means by which the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of Australia hopes to pass on the Byzantine ecclesiastical musical tradition to current and future generations, and to train chanters for the parishes of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of Australia. It also provides a reference point for Byzantine chanting in Australia.
Classes are conducted one night per week for approximately 35 weeks of the year, and over three years in total. After successful completion of this three year program, a diploma - recognised by the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of Australia - is presented.
- Mr Asterios Zouriakas
- First chanter of the Greek Orthodox Cathedral of the Annunciation of the Theotokos, Redfern, Sydney, Australia.
- BTh (SAGOTC)
- Rev. Gerasimos Koutsouras
- Parish Priest of the Greek Orthodox Church of St George, Rose Bay, Sydney, Australia.
- BA, MA (Sydney Uni.); MTh (Aristoteleian Uni. of Thessaloniki); DipByzMus (under D. Sourlantzis)
- Current lecturer in Church History and Byzantine Music, St Andrew's Greek Orthodox Theological College, Sydney, Australia.
- Former First Chanter at St Theodora, Thessaloniki.
- Former First Chanter of St Sophia and her Three Daughters, Darlinghurst, Sydney, Australia.
- Mr Peter Karagiozis
- DipByzMus (School of Byzantine Music, Sydney, Australia)
- First Chanter of the Greek Orthodox Church of St Therapon, Thornleigh, Sydney, Australia.
- Dr Dimitrios Koubaroulis
- PhD (Computer Science); DipByzMus (Athens).
- Lambadarios (left chanter) of the Greek Orthodox Cathedral of the Annunciation of the Theotokos, Redfern, Sydney, Australia.
- Mr Basilios Psilacos
- BTh (SAGOTC); BByzMus (Aristoteleian Uni. of Thessaloniki); DipByzMus (under D. Sourlantzis); MTh (Aristoteleian Uni. of Thessaloniki).
- First Chanter of the Greek Orthodox Church of St Andrew, Gladesville, Sydney, Australia.
|Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of Australia|
|St. Andrew's Greek Orthodox Theological College|
|St. Basil's Homes | Estia Foundation | ProviCare Foundation|
|St. Andrew's Orthodox Press|
|Phronema | TO VEMA | The Voice of Orthodoxy|
| Byzantine Music School | Australian Byzantine Choir, NSW |
Saint John of Damascus, SA | David the Psalmist, Vic.