Russian True Orthodox Church (Raphaelites)
True Orthodox Church in Russia (TOCR) is non-canonical religius organisation.
The history RUSSIAN TRUE ORTHODOX CHURCH begins in 1997, when there was disagreement between the head of RUSSIAN TRUE ORTHODOX CHURCH Iohan, which was part of the Ukrainian Autocephalous Orthodox Church-Patriarchate of Kiev (under the Omophor of Patriarch Demetrios Yarema), and the other bishops.
These differences resulted in that the Council of Bishops June 26, 1997. Bishop Joan of Modzalevsk was defrocked from the priesthood. The refusal of the Patriarch Demetrios (Yarema) to support the solutions the Council of RUSSIAN TRUE ORTHODOX CHURCH caused the the breakdown of the communion between the UAOC-KP and RTOC and the creation of an independent jurisdiction of the RUSSIAN TRUE ORTHODOX CHURCH. In the same year, the church accepted a group headed by Raphael (Prokopyev). He was bishop of "we don't know that church".
All previous ordinations of this group were invalid and Raphael was first ordain priest and later a bishop. In his re-ordination was attended by "Metropolitan Krutitskii" Ambrose (Katamadzeh), "Archbishop of Dmitrov" Stefan (Linitsky) and "bishop Gaynatsky and Imertinsky" Moses (Hodzhava).
February 25, 1998,in Moscow hosted the Council of Bishops of the TRE OTHODOX CHURCHES, in which came Bishops previously separated from the Free Russian Orthodox Church (they were outside of any jurisdiction).
These "bishops" expressed their desire to connect with RUSSIAN TRUE ORTHODOX CHURCH, entering into its structure with their dioceses, clergy and congregation. Bishops of the RUSSIAN TRUE ORTHODOX CHURCH accepted them and included both structures in one Holy Synod of the RTOC.
Meanwhile, in the Synod RUSSIAN TRUE ORTHODOX CHURCH growing contradictions. In late 1998, the controversy resulted in a split, and Ambrose was taken out from the Synod, and in January 22, 1999 was defroked from the priesthood.
After this fact, were created with Bishop Tikhon and Nazariy an alternative synod of Russian True Orthodox Church . At the same time, the main Synod of RTOC began to receive reports that Bishop Raphael has not fulfilled his promise to align his activities in accordance with the teachings of the church. The Holy Synod considered the possible to condemn him for eresy. Already 13 March 1999 he was removed from office and on November 27 1999 deprived "episcopal" dignity for violation of church canons and training extrasensory. With him gone from the Church the bishop Sergius (Moyseenko). The condemned Bishop Raphael, with Bishop Sergius Moyseenko, created the alternative Synod if the True Orthodox Church in Russia (TOCiR) without any bless or Tomos from his mother Church. Not recognizing his deposition, “metropolitan” Raphael Leonid Semenovich Motovilov self-proclaimed himself Metropolitan with the title of "His Beatitude Metropolitan of Moscow, the keeper of the door of the Holy Sepulchre".
In July 2003, organized a "Unity Council of Bishops of the Genuine Orthodox Church in Russia," which resulted in the unification of marginal non canonical formations in the "Free Russian Orthodox Church" The "Primate" of the new canonical religious organizations, was elected "Metropolitan of Moscow" Raphael (Procopius).
In 2005, he changed his title in "Archbishop of Moscow, Metropolitan of All-Russian".
The decision of the third session of the "Local Council of the True Orthodox Church" from June 24, 2005, was elected First Hierarch of the True Orthodox Church, with the title "His Holiness the Archbishop Metropolitan of Moscow All-Russian." Calls himself a descendant of Nicholas II Motovilova, who was a witness to the life of St. Seraphim of Sarov. In the middle of 2009 changed his name and became referred Motovilov. Together with it's new surname he changed the name to both his sons - Sergei and Anton.
Now the True Orthodox Church in Russia is in "full communion" with Angelos of Avlona (Greece) and "Metropolitan" John Lobue of New York
The Episcopate of RUSSIAN TRUE ORTHODOX CHURCH before the condemnation of Leonid Semenovich Motovilov and the cration of the alternative synod of TOCiR.
It was decided to transfer management of the Moscow Diocese Board of Bishops Vicar, which included Ambrose and Stephen.
- Ambrose (Katamadzeh), Archbishop (later Metropolitan) Krutitskii (June 26, 1997 - January 22, 1999)
- Stefan (Linitsky), Bishop (later Archbishop) Dmitrov (26 June 1997 -10 January 2000)
- Raphael (Prokopyev), Bishop of Volokolamsk, Vicar of the Diocese of Moscow (21 September 1997-13 March 1999)
- Seraphim (Kuczynski), Bishop of Pskov (1997)
- Sergius (Moyseenko) , Bishop of St. Petersburg (19 October 1997 -13 March 1999)
- Arsenius (Kiselev), Bishop of Vladimir (25 February 1998-22 January 1999)
- Alexander (Mironov), bishop of Kazan and Mari (25 February 1998-22 January 1999)
- Didim (Nesterov), Bishop (of what?) (June 30, 1998 -10 January 2000)
- Nicholas (Modebaze), Bishop of Poti (27 September 1998 -22 January 1999)
- Vyacheslav (Lisovoy), Bishop (of what?) (22 November 1998 -22 January 1999) - Archbishop of Kolomna (22 January 1999-10 January 2000)
- Tikhon (Kiselev), bishop of Penza and Simbirsk (26 July 1998-22 January 1999)
- Nazarius, Bishop? (What?) (? -22 January 1999)
- Michael (Wishniewski) (what?) (28 December 1999 -10 January 2000)
- Kyriakos (Temirtsidi) (what?) (7-10 January 2000)