"Though the soul is not present a power resides in the bodies of the saints because of the righteous soul which has for so many years dwelt in it, or used it as its minister."
God also performs miracles through the holy relics of saints, in this way revealing His glory and glorifying His saints in whom He is pleased. One example is the relics of Saint Nektarios, which emitted a sweet-smelling sweat after he had passed away and showed no sign of decay until 20 years after his death.
Articles on Relics
Articles available online
- Why Relics?
- The Place of Holy Relics in the Orthodox Church (or here) - by St. Justin Popovich
- On the Veneration of the Holy Relics and Remains of the Saints by Archpriest Vasily Demidov
- Gleanings from Orthodox Christian Authors and the Holy Fathers
Books and Studies
- Holy Relics - A pamphlet by T. L. Frazier
Pictures of Relics
- Holy Relics from Orthodox photos.com
- The relics of St. Innocent of Irkutsk, in the Znamensky Monastery Cathedral, Irkutsk, Siberia, Russia