Protection of the Holy Virgin Monastery (Lake George, Colorado)
|Protection of the Holy Virgin Monastery|
|Superior||Mother Cassiana (acting)|
|Location||Lake George, Colorado|
|Music used||Russian Chant|
The community was founded in October 1993 under the auspices of His Grace Bishop Tikhon of San Francisco, Los Angeles and the West, as a pre-emptive response to changing demographics in the USA and that the Rocky Mountain region would be beneficial in a life of prayer.
- Daily: 5:30am - Matins and First Hour
- 5:00pm - Ninth Hour and Vespers
- 8:00pm - Compline
- Saturday and eves of great feasts: 5:00pm - Vigil
- Oct 1993: Monastery Established. Sisterhood rented small house in Calhan while fundraising.
- 1995: Present location of monastery purchased: 10.3 acres, with 3000 square foot house, in mountains west of Pikes Peak.
- Sept: Sisterhood moved to property. Garage converted to chapel, house remodeled to better suit the sisterhood.
- 1999: 3.5 acres of forest land added to monastery.
- 2000: Monastery began raising chickens to sell eggs.
- 2001: Small guest wing added.
- Monastery Newsletter: The Veil
- Orthodox Prayer Book
- Come, Follow Me
- The Life of St Spiridon
- Elder Cleopa: In the Tradition of St Paisius Velichkovsky