Difference between revisions of "Prophet Daniel"
(→the Holy Prophet Daniel)
|Line 44:||Line 44:|
Revision as of 02:12, January 11, 2008
Commemorated by the Holy Church on the 17th of Decemeber
Daniel as Prophet
Christ refers to Daniel as a prophet in mark 13:14 and in Matthew 24:15.
the name "Daniel"
The name Daniel in Hebrew means "God is my Judge" or "God is judging".
-- > St Epiphanios comments about David's background (to be expanded).
- ca. 604 BC to 536 BC - the seventy years of the Babylonian exile of the Jews.
- 559 BC - Cyrus the Persian's reign begins.
- 556 BC
- [Daniel 10:1-3] - Daniel (Baltasar) commences the Passover fast held in the first month and in Jerusalem (Deut. 16:5-6)? - [Daniel 10:4-7] - Daniel has a vision of the prefiguration of the Incarnation of Christ.
- 539 BC - Darius Mede begins his reign over the Chaldean kingdom (Babbylon had been taken by the Medes and Persians under Cyrus in the year 539-538).
- 539 BC to 536 BC - the Prophet prays for the people.
- 536 BC - Babylonian exile of Jews is completed.
- 530 BC (ca.529 BC) - Cyrus the Persian dies in August.
Overview of his Life
Overview on 'some' content from his prophecies
- The Vision of the Four Beasts [Dan 7]
- The Son of Man, the Ancient of Days [Dan 7]
Sequence of OT Prophets