Difference between revisions of "Philaret (Voznesensky) of New York"
m (added ext. links)
|Line 28:||Line 28:|
Revision as of 19:59, March 16, 2008
|This article forms part of the series|
|Orthodoxy in Australia Timeline |
Orthodoxy in New Zealand Timeline
Gk Orthodox Archd. of ANZ
|GOA Aus - Abp Stylianos|
Antiochian - Archim. Basil (Patr. Vicar)
ROCOR - Met Hilarion
Serbian - Bp Irinej
Romanian - Bp Michael
GOM NZ - Met Amphilochios
| Episcopal Assembly of Oceania|
| Antiochian Orthodox |
Greek Orthodox (Aus)
O.L. of Kazan
|Proph. Elias |
St John Mtn
St Sava (Elaine)
|Edit this box|
- 1963 May 24: The profession of faith by Archim. Philaret was received in the Archbishop's Chapel by Abp Sava of Sydney, Bp Anthony of Melbourne and Bp Dionysios of Nazianzos (GOA).
- 1963 May 26: Archim. Philaret was consecrated by Abp Sava and Bp Anthony. Due to protests from committee members of Sts Peter and Paul Church, Bp Dionysios was asked not to participate in the consecration.
- 1964: Through the suggestion of Abp Sava, Bp Philaret was appointed First Hierarch of ROCOR.
Philaret (Voznesensky) of New York
|Bishop of Brisbane (ROCOR)
|First Hierarch of the ROCOR
- Metropolitan St. Philaret of New York (+1985)
- The Early Years of Our First Hierarch Metropolitan Philaret by Archbishop Nafanail (Lvov)
- The Main Goal of Man is to Save his Soul for Eternity by Metropolitan Philaret (Voznesensky)
- The Free Part of the Russian Church, interview of Metr Philaret given to the West German Catholic weekly Publik
- The Vestments and Staff of His Eminence Metropolitan Philaret Are Given to His Holiness Patriarch Alexy