Difference between revisions of "Paul (Saliba) of Australia, New Zealand and the Philippines"
m (→External link)
m (→External link)
|Line 36:||Line 36:|
*[http://www.antiochian.org.au/content/view/4/22/] from the official website of the Antiochian Orthodox Archdiocese of Australia and New Zealand
*[http://www.antiochian.org.au/content/view/4/22/ ] from the official website of the Antiochian Orthodox Archdiocese of Australia and New Zealand
Revision as of 00:12, January 31, 2006
|This article forms part of the series|
|Orthodoxy in Australia Timeline |
Orthodoxy in New Zealand Timeline
Gk Orthodox Archd. of ANZ
|GOA Aus - Abp Stylianos|
Antiochian - Met Abp Paul
ROCOR - Met Hilarion
Serbian - Bp Irinej
Romanian - Bp Michael
GOM NZ - Met Amphilochios
| Episcopal Assembly of Oceania|
| Antiochian Orthodox |
Greek Orthodox (Aus)
O.L. of Kazan
|Proph. Elias |
St John Mtn
St Sava (Elaine)
|Edit this box|
His Eminence the Most Reverend Metropolitan Archbishop Paul (Saliba) of Australia and New Zealand (born July 10, 1939) is the current primate of the Antiochian Orthodox Archdiocese of Australia and New Zealand.
Metropolitan Archbishop Paul is a member of the Saliba tribe which has been so widely known in the Levant for over 800 years. Apart from that he is not related to Metropolitan Philip (Saliba) of New York.
- 1939 Jul 10 - Badih Saliba, the future Metropolitan, was born in Bsarma El-Koura, North Lebanon.
- 1952 - Badih enrolled at Seminary College in Balamand with support of Metropolitan Abourjeili
- 1957 - Badih was tonsured a monk and named Paul, and was sent to the seminary on Patmos (Greece).
- 1958 - Monk Paul was ordained a deacon by Metrop. Abourjeili. Deacon Paul went to University of Athens for further theological studies.
- 1963 - Dcn Paul graduated, and served in Tripoli under Metropolitan Elias Kurban. Dcn Paul was appointed teacher to Orthodox schools, member of the spiritual court and secretary to diocesan board.
- 1965 - Superior of Balamand Monastery, now Patriarch Ignatius IV, appointed Dcn Paul teacher at Balamand.
- 1966 - Metropolitan Elias Kurban ordained Dcn Paul to priest and at the same service elevated Father Paul to Archimandrite.
- 1968 - Archim. Paul leaves Lebanon for USA. Metropolitan Philip Saliba assigns him to St Ilyan's Church in Bransville, Pennsylvania. Archim. Paul enrolls in Pittsburg University.
- 1970 - Archim. Paul graduates from Pittsburg University with Bachelor of World Civilisations. Archim. Paul then takes a course in Education.
- Archim. Paul moved to church in New Kensington. Begins doctorate in World Civilisations (Archim. Paul completed three of the four components, but did not finish).
- 1972 - Archim. Paul graduates from course in Education.
- 1979 - Archim. Paul moved to Washington DC. Began 18 month course to be a drug and alcohol counsellor.
- ~1980 - Archim. Paul qualifies as drug and alcohol counsellor.
- 1989 - Archim. Paul begins weekly radio programme.
- 1990 - Archim. Paul begins weekly TV programme, which is still functioning to present.
- 1995 - Weekly radio program ends.
- 1999 Oct 5 - Archim. Paul elected Metropolitan Archbishop of Australia and New Zealand.
- 1999 Oct 10 - Archim. Paul consecrated bishop in Damascus, Syria.
Paul (Saliba) of Australia, New Zealand and the Philippines
|Metropolitan Archbishop of
Australia and New Zealand (Antiochian)
- Official Biography from the official website of the Antiochian Orthodox Archdiocese of Australia and New Zealand