Difference between revisions of "Paul (Pavlov) of Sydney"
m (add category)
|Line 2:||Line 2:|
His Eminence the Most Reverend Archbishop '''Paul (Pavlov)''' was the Archbishop of Sydney, Australia and New Zealand of the [[Russian Orthodox Church Outside Russia
His Eminence the Most Reverend Archbishop '''Paul (Pavlov)''' was the Archbishop of Sydney, Australia and New Zealand of the [[Russian Orthodox Church Outside Russiaduring the later decades of the twentieth century.
Revision as of 01:10, March 9, 2011
|This article forms part of the series|
|Orthodoxy in Australia Timeline |
Orthodoxy in New Zealand Timeline
Gk Orthodox Archd. of ANZ
|GOA Aus - Abp Stylianos|
Antiochian - Archim. Basil (Patr. Vicar)
ROCOR - Met Hilarion
Serbian - Bp Irinej
Romanian - Bp Michael
GOM NZ - Met Amphilochios
| Episcopal Assembly of Oceania|
| Antiochian Orthodox |
Greek Orthodox (Aus)
O.L. of Kazan
|Proph. Elias |
St John Mtn
St Sava (Elaine)
|Edit this box|
His Eminence the Most Reverend Archbishop Paul (Pavlov) was the Archbishop of Sydney, Australia and New Zealand of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside Russia during the later decades of the twentieth century.
- Ordained deacon
- Ordained priest
- Consecrated bishop
- 1975: Tonsured Michael Arndt with the name Mark, and ordained him to the diaconate and priesthood. Fr Mark would become his successor as Bishop of Berlin and All Germany
- 1980: Repose of Archbishop Theodosius of Sydney. Bishop Paul conducts the funeral service.
- 1981 Jan: Arrival in Australia to head diocese.
- During the tenure of Archbishop Paul of Sydney, the following structures were built:
- Church and residence, at the Our Lady of Kazan Convent, Kentlyn, NSW.
- Monastery of the Holy Transfiguration, Bombala, NSW.
- St John the Forerunner Church, Canberra, ACT.
- Church of Our Lady's Dormition, Dandenong, Victoria.
- Church of Ss Peter and Paul, Perth, WA.
- School building on grounds of Cathedram of Ss Peter and Paul, Sydney.
- 1991 Jun 8: Beginning of fatal illness.
- 1992 Nov: Left Australia, went to Novo Diveevo Convent
- 1995 Feb 15: Reposed. Funeral service conducted by Bishop Hilarion of Manhattan and Bishop John of Rockland.
Paul (Pavlov) of Sydney
|Bishop of Stuttgart and South Germany (ROCOR)
|Archbishop of Sydney, Australia and New Zealand (ROCOR)