Difference between revisions of "Paul (Pavlov) of Sydney"
(link to an article on the tenth anniversary of his repose)
m (add category)
|Line 42:||Line 42:|
Revision as of 18:55, February 25, 2010
|This article forms part of the series|
|Orthodoxy in Australia Timeline |
Orthodoxy in New Zealand Timeline
Gk Orthodox Archd. of ANZ
|GOA Aus - Abp Stylianos|
Antiochian - Met Abp Paul
ROCOR - Met Hilarion
Serbian - Bp Irinej
Romanian - Bp Michael
GOM NZ - Met Amphilochios
| Episcopal Assembly of Oceania|
| Antiochian Orthodox |
Greek Orthodox (Aus)
O.L. of Kazan
|Proph. Elias |
St John Mtn
St Sava (Elaine)
|Edit this box|
His Eminence the Most Reverend Archbishop Paul (Pavlov) was the Archbishop of Sydney, Australia and New Zealand of the [[Russian Orthodox Church Outside Russia}} during the later decades of the twentieth century.
- Ordained deacon
- Ordained priest
- Consecrated bishop
- 1975: Tonsured Michael Arndt with the name Mark, and ordained him to the diaconate and priesthood. Fr Mark would become his successor as Bishop of Berlin and All Germany
- 1980: Repose of Archbishop Theodosius of Sydney. Bishop Paul conducts the funeral service.
- 1981 Jan: Arrival in Australia to head diocese.
- During the tenure of Archbishop Paul of Sydney, the following structures were built:
- Church and residence, at the Our Lady of Kazan Convent, Kentlyn, NSW.
- Monastery of the Holy Transfiguration, Bombala, NSW.
- St John the Forerunner Church, Canberra, ACT.
- Church of Our Lady's Dormition, Dandenong, Victoria.
- Church of Ss Peter and Paul, Perth, WA.
- School building on grounds of Cathedram of Ss Peter and Paul, Sydney.
- 1991 Jun 8: Beginning of fatal illness.
- 1992 Nov: Left Australia, went to Novo Diveevo Convent
- 1995 Feb 15: Reposed. Funeral service conducted by Bishop Hilarion of Manhattan and Bishop John of Rockland.
Paul (Pavlov) of Sydney
|Bishop of Stuttgart and South Germany (ROCOR)
|Archbishop of Sydney, Australia and New Zealand (ROCOR)