Parishes in Australia (OCA)
The Orthodox Church in America - Parishes in Australia is the grouping applied to the churches who, in 1971, left ROCOR and asked to be taken under the OCA's protection. It is directly under the Metropolitan of the OCA (currently Metropolitan Herman), and has two churches in Australia. (The Bankstown parish in Sydney, commenced by Archimandrite Veniamin, is now part of the Antiochian Orthodox Archdiocese of Australia and New Zealand)
|Parishes in Australia|
|Diocese type||Administrative District|
|Current bishop||Metr. Herman, administrator|
|Headquarters||Wellington, New Zealand|
|Liturgical language(s)||Slavonic and English|
|Musical tradition||Russian Chant|
|Calendar||Revised Julian, Julian|
|Official website||Parishes in Australia|
Some history is provided on the OCA Parish Listing for St. Michael Orthodox Church
The OCA Parishes in Australia is an administrative grouping of two, (formerly three) churches.
- Holy Annunciation Orthodox Church, Woolloongabba, Queensland.
- St. Michael Orthodox Church, Homebush, New South Wales.
St. Nicholas Orthodox Church, Bankstown, New South Wales, is now part of the Antiochian Orthodox Archdiocese of Australia and New Zealand, and continues to use Church Slavonic in the liturgy and to follow the Julian (Old) Calendar. (no other information as yet)
|This article forms part of the series|
|Orthodoxy in Australia Timeline |
Orthodoxy in New Zealand Timeline
Gk Orthodox Archd. of ANZ
|GOA Aus - Abp Stylianos|
Antiochian - Archim. Basil (Patr. Vicar)
ROCOR - Met Hilarion
Serbian - Bp Irinej
Romanian - Bp Michael
GOM NZ - Met Amphilochios
| Episcopal Assembly of Oceania|
| Antiochian Orthodox |
Greek Orthodox (Aus)
O.L. of Kazan
|Proph. Elias |
St John Mtn
St Sava (Elaine)
|Edit this box|
- Metropolitan Herman (Swaiko) of Washington and New York, administrator of the parishes in Australia.
- Sylvester (Haruns), Archbishop of Montreal and Canada, 1963-1981, administrator of the parishes in Australia, 1972-1981.
- Website of the Parishes in Australia (on the OCA website)
- Australian Orthodox Fraternity of St. Michael (the church in Homebush, Sydney, New South Wales)
- Holy Annunciation Orthodox Church (the church in Woolloongabba, Brisbane, Queensland)
- Saint Nicholas Bankstown (the church in Bankstown, Sydney, New South Wales)