The name Paraskevi (Gr.Παρασκευή), meaning preparation, referring to to the preparation for the Sabbath. It is also the Greek word for Friday.
There are several saints named Paraskevi (also spelled Parascheva or Paraskeva):
- Virgin-Martyr Paraskevi of Rome (July 26)
- St. Paraskevi the Fool-for-Christ or "Pasha of Sarov"; Russian (September 22)
- St. Parascheva the New; in the world "Petka"; also known as Paraskevi of Serbia (October 14)
- Great-martyr Paraskevi of Iconium (October 28)
- Righteous Virgin Paraskevi of Pirimin on the Pinega River (Archangelsk) (October 28)
- Martyr Paraskevi, sister to Great-martyr Photini the Samaritan Woman (February 26)